Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Red/White/Blue Swap - Sign up closes May 15, 2010 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/red-white-blue-swap-sign-up-closes-may-15-2010-a-t37409.html)

yolanda 03-28-2010 06:29 AM

Question to the group - I am making pinwheel blocks --- I have some really pretty light blue with little white stars batik and am planning on getting the red next week..... I may also add some dark stripe blue batik ... does anyone object to batik blocks or would you prefer printed cotton? :-) I am so excited for this swap :-)

BrendaB 03-28-2010 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by yolanda
Question to the group - I am making pinwheel blocks --- I have some really pretty light blue with little white stars batik and am planning on getting the red next week..... I may also add some dark stripe blue batik ... does anyone object to batik blocks or would you prefer printed cotton? :-) I am so excited for this swap :-)

I don't know much about batiks, actually nothing, lol, but I would welcome whatever you come up with. Sounds really nice. :-)

BATmama 03-28-2010 10:46 AM

Hi I've just started working with batiks and the first thing that I have learned is to make sure you set the color with something like retayne or synthrapol before you start your project. This is because of the fabric being hand dyed it will occasionally shed excess dye when washed. Hope this helps.

benndm 03-28-2010 10:48 AM

I think batiks would be fine as long as they fit the r w b theme

yolanda 03-28-2010 11:07 AM

Thanks everyone - I will be sure and use the retayne when I pre-wash.

Karen 03-28-2010 06:01 PM

I don't see any problems with batiks! They come in some really great colors!

yolanda 03-28-2010 06:11 PM

Hi Karen! Your in this swap? Ha and your busy cutting squares for me? :-) I have my blue but need to get red..... soon...

Originally Posted by Karen

yolanda 03-28-2010 06:19 PM

I LOVE it!

Originally Posted by sdparent
Here is the latest Chisholm Trail block, what do you think?

Karen 03-29-2010 01:54 PM

Hi Karen! Your in this swap? Ha and your busy cutting squares for me? :-) I have my blue but need to get red..... soon...

Hi Yolanda!! Yes I am busy cutting squares!! I can't seem to pass up a good swap though!

yolanda 03-29-2010 02:38 PM

me either :-) i have never participated in a block swap before wandering into this board... i still to to find some red to go w/my white/blue ... I am finishing one donation quilt before I start on my pinwheel blocks

Hi Yolanda!! Yes I am busy cutting squares!! I can't seem to pass up a good swap though!