Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Red/White/Blue Swap - Sign up closes May 15, 2010 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/red-white-blue-swap-sign-up-closes-may-15-2010-a-t37409.html)

MISHNJIM 06-04-2010 11:59 AM

Bettia----Hope you get better soon. And how can you wait to get those blocks back???? I would be asking my friend for sure to go to the PO and go get them for me....LOL

Bettia 06-04-2010 01:32 PM

Thank you Gramma and Mish.
We swap blocks every month, so I don't mind waiting.
Actually I am 4 blocks and 1 year ahead. (or should I say 48 blocks)
I still can't wait to see them. Everyone does such beautiful work.

benndm 06-04-2010 08:54 PM

Deb I saw on the sun bonnet sue swap that you were short quite a bit of postage for the rwb blocks. I will send a little extra when I send my sbs blocks to help cover this shortage. You are spending a lot of time on this block and it should not cost you money too.
I really appreciate the work you have done for us. I can not wait to get my blocks.

Deb watkins 06-04-2010 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Bettia
Good morning Deb,
I took it just like you said it. I can't wait to see the blocks either..
I thought it was stated ok.
Although, I didn't get mine in the mail and probably won't. I fell and sprained my foot real bad. I am on crutches and it isn't so easy to get around. it feels a little better today, but, I won't be able to get to the PO. I could have my girlfriend pick them up and send Fedex overnight on Monday.
Otherwise I will save them and I am sure there will be another R/W/B next year.
Have a good week.

Oh.....are you sure you can't send them somehow......I have been waiting for 5 more to come in, and since they didn't come into today, they may come in Monday. If you will mail them, I will wait to finish up the rest of the swap. I have worked hard to put these together and really don't want you to miss out....

Deb watkins 06-04-2010 09:32 PM

Good morning Deb,
Although, I didn't get mine in the mail and probably won't. I fell and sprained my foot real bad. I am on crutches and it isn't so easy to get around. it feels a little better today, but, I won't be able to get to the PO. I could have my girlfriend pick them up and send Fedex overnight on Monday.
Have a good week.

Oh.....are you sure you can't send them somehow......I have been waiting for 5 more to come in, and since they didn't come into today, they may come in Monday. If you will mail them, I will wait to finish up the rest of the swap. I have worked hard to put these together and really don't want you to miss out....

Deb watkins 06-04-2010 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by benndm
Deb I saw on the sun bonnet sue swap that you were short quite a bit of postage for the rwb blocks. I will send a little extra when I send my sbs blocks to help cover this shortage. You are spending a lot of time on this block and it should not cost you money too.
I really appreciate the work you have done for us. I can not wait to get my blocks.

Thanks, but it is really not necessary. I know we all paid the postage that the PO stated was appropriate, so I just want all of us to be happy with this. I have made the suggestions for the calendar SBS and will do so on the Hot air Balloon swap as well. The lady I dealth with at the PO was very helpful in making me understand the weight and measurements and postage. I hope everyone was ok with what was suggested.

BrendaB 06-04-2010 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins

Good morning Deb,
Have a good week.

Yes, Bettia - What Deb said. Please try to get someone to send your blocks.

I go To The Sea To Breathe 06-05-2010 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins

Originally Posted by benndm

Thanks, but it is really not necessary. I know we all paid the postage that the PO stated was appropriate, so I just want all of us to be happy with this. I have made the suggestions for the calendar SBS and will do so on the Hot air Balloon swap as well. The lady I dealth with at the PO was very helpful in making me understand the weight and measurements and postage. I hope everyone was ok with what was suggested.

Deb, my postage was like 4 something. I just put in a book of stamps so please feel free to use them on any of the swaps you are heading up. jackie

jazs2 06-05-2010 09:13 AM

Hi Deb,
I received my blocks today 6-5.
Can't wait to get them together.
Thank you very much. You are a great hostess.
hugs Linda B. Jazs2

bettyd 06-05-2010 11:19 AM

Hi Deb,
I received my lovely red, white, and blue blocks. Golly so nice and I am looking forward to putting them together. You did a great job on this swap and hope I can have the enjoyment of joining another one directed by you.
Thanks again, Bettyd