Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Rhonda's 5th Wall Hanging Swap - Nov 1 - Feb 28 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/rhondas-5th-wall-hanging-swap-nov-1-feb-28-a-t233806.html)

ube quilting 12-15-2013 08:25 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Here is a little surprise that greeted me after yesterdays storm. There are 4"s of crusted snow to clear, but the blue birds are happy in their warm bath.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]451927[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]451930[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]451933[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]451934[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]451935[/ATTACH]

Make you week a good one.
peace

JNCT14 12-16-2013 02:03 AM

OMG. Bluebirds!!!!

Elisabrat 12-16-2013 05:41 AM

bluebirds are beautiful! and a warm bid bath how kind of you :)

I guess I just like the look of cows. he/she sorry for the typo. I know which ones you can milk and which ones you can't :) and I finished the background all green scrappy squares. And the cow is black and white but well the goofy side of me got the better of me and it has orange/yellow patches. I need a fence I think and maybe some flowers in the grass.. if I like it enough it will be my wall hanging.. will post pictures once the fence gets on there.. I am planning on framing it in a thin orange line then a wider greenline around that.. its surely a happy little wall quilt.

ube quilting 12-16-2013 01:22 PM

E, It sounds great and I like the orange accent border idea. Glad you found your whimsy!:D
peace

Aurora 12-17-2013 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda (Post 6455515)
Any colors would be great I'm sure. but this Iowa girl knows cows are not "he" lol they are she's unless you are making a bull. :D

This Kentucky girl knows that as well. But Kentucky cows would not object to sharing their field with a Kentucky bull (cows + bull = one happy bull).

quiltjoey 12-19-2013 08:34 PM

Love the "piggy" idea!

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 6402717)
ok this the web site that inspired my desire to make a critter:

https://www.americanquilter.com/prom...4-13_macdonald

quiltjoey 12-19-2013 08:45 PM

Fabulous!!

Originally Posted by JNCT14 (Post 6430694)
More busyness, but no colleagues to sew for so more time. I just finished this one for my daughter's friend and cheer co-captain for her 18th birthday. I rarely repeat a pattern but I liked this so much that I have already started piecing one for me. I saw the pattern on the board but no directions so I had to try and figure them out - as a result I think I cut things wrong because I keep cutting off the points!!!! grrr - hopefully no one will notice. Also my first attempt at an all over FMQ pattern rather than quilting within each block.

quiltjoey 12-19-2013 08:50 PM

I love PP...

Originally Posted by ube quilting (Post 6442762)
Hi everyone, I mentioned earlier that I have started my WH and here is a sneak peek at what I am planning.

I want to use these gifted papers that have been in my file for a few years now. I also want to do something with the coming of Spring. The papers are 2.5" sq.

It will be a landscape quilt moving from ground to sky and a special something in the foreground that I haven't started yet. The blocks will shade to a lighter blue as they go to the top and darker more saturated colors at the ground.

This is just the beginning of the background:

Papers:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]450234[/ATTACH]
The first block:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]450235[/ATTACH]
Several laid side by side to see the effect:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]450236[/ATTACH]
A close up:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]450237[/ATTACH]

I really love this effect. Thanks for looking.:D
peace

quiltjoey 12-19-2013 08:52 PM

Your quilts are lovely and you seem to make them so fast! I am so slow...

Originally Posted by JNCT14 (Post 6449167)
Here is another Spinning Star - this one is for my mom for Christmas.

Tfch8184 12-20-2013 03:34 AM

Just wanted to pop in so our swap boss doesn't think I disappeared. Lol. Things have been crazy busy. Last minute twin quilt to make plus three doll quilts and added small items in between. Whew I finally feel like I can breathe again.

Once Christmas is officially over I am gonna be cutting and designing. I have the idea in my head but I have I sit down and actually take my brain and put it to fabric. Scary scary scary lol.

Hope y'all have a great holiday!!!