Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Rhonda's Very First Wall Hanging Swap!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/rhondas-very-first-wall-hanging-swap-t190538.html)

QuilterMomma 07-03-2012 12:29 PM

I am going to try and do the embroidery on them in my downtime at the longarm quilt retreat I am going to this weekend. If they turn out nice, will use them. Been a little bit since I did hand embroidery, but it has to be like riding a bike right? I do not know fancy stitches, but can do a mean running stitch.

JuneBillie 07-03-2012 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by ssnare (Post 5289133)
Here is a picture of the first block for my wall hanging. It measures 12 1/2"

Oh my goodness, I just stopped by to read this thread, and seen this block. It is so pretty.

JuneBillie 07-03-2012 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda (Post 5316254)
The Dresden Kaleidoscope is fussy cut to get a specific look. I use the dresden blade and then use the fussy cut to create the kaleidoscope effect.

Here is the doll quilt I made of the doll quilt swap. It was to represent Iowa so I used corn fabric.

Then the quilt design I did on EQ as an idea I might try. I have a couple more ideas I had played with.

The last two are a couple of my favorite DKs

These are gorgeous, where did you find the corn fabric?

Rhonda 07-03-2012 03:57 PM

I have a secret store! LOL We have a Mennonite store 45 mins from us where they have great fabric. I found it at the Dutchman's Store in Cantril Ia

Tho I have seen the corn fabric else where too. But not the exact same print.

JuneBillie 07-06-2012 10:57 PM

Oh brother, lol , I can't get this thread off my mind. I am up late tonight. Can't sleep, so I came here, and I am ready to say, "sign me up". hehe.... I got to thinking though that I want more experience in making blocks, and thought this would be a good swap to do it with. I also love wall hangings. I told myself I wasn't going to sign up for anything until later in the year, but I can't help myself. :D

nancia 07-06-2012 11:06 PM

junebillie!! i'm so glad to see you! this is going to be soooo much fun! i hope somebody likes cats!!

JuneBillie 07-06-2012 11:10 PM

nancia hi, I love cats, I have a big white cat that is pretty old, and we love him. His name is Charlie. I do look forward to having a lot of fun on here. Great to see you!!

nancia 07-06-2012 11:28 PM

tell charlie that 19 yr old simon says hi! he's still really spry and active. guess i forgot to tell him he's old! lol
i'm making a cat wallhanging. who knows--maybe you'll get it!

Rhonda 07-06-2012 11:36 PM

Hey I like cats too!! LOL I can't have the real thing as DH is allergic but I love cats. We used to have one but when she had to be put to sleep last year I can't get another. DH tolerated her as long as she kept her distance but no more cats now.

I am sure you will find lots of cat lovers!!

Welcome JuneBillie! Glad to have you join us!

Rhonda 07-06-2012 11:41 PM

Here is the sign up list but remember there is no end of sign up. If you want to join us any time feel free to do so!!

Anyone else interested?

There is no time limit. You just need to have a wall hanging made with at least 4 quilt blocks ready by the mailing deadline. You can add anything you like to the 4 quilt blocks. There are no limits other than keeping it wall hanging size and not quilt size.

If I missed adding anyone please let me know.

1. Rhonda
2. kiffie2413
3. stitchengramie
4. teacherbailey
5. nurse bonnie
6. nancia
7. marytoddliz
8. islandwiz1
9. LindaC
10. buffy2
11. ssnare
12: QuilterMomma