Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Round Robin #10 ROCKIN Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/round-robin-10-rockin-robins-t225919.html)

scaroca 03-17-2014 07:02 AM

I do believe everyone worked on mine. Not sure how it got around so fast but it did. I am happy to have it back and looking so beautiful.

wanda lou 03-19-2014 01:58 AM

So happy you like it.

Cogito 03-24-2014 06:51 AM

zzmom, I finally went shopping this weekend after repeatedly studying my huge stash and just not finding the right fabric! Found what I think is perfect and now I know what I am going to do and anxious to get started. It's going to be fun! I have to finish my grand children's tooth fairy pillows and will then get started. :)
of course I will post pictures when done before sending it home.

zzmom 03-24-2014 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Cogito (Post 6642131)
zzmom, I finally went shopping this weekend after repeatedly studying my huge stash and just not finding the right fabric! Found what I think is perfect and now I know what I am going to do and anxious to get started. It's going to be fun! I have to finish my grand children's tooth fairy pillows and will then get started. :)
of course I will post pictures when done before sending it home.

Exciting:) Look forward to seeing your creativity and talent!

Cogito 03-24-2014 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by zzmom (Post 6642161)
Exciting:) Look forward to seeing your creativity and talent!

Haha, well that might be a bit of an exaggeration. But I will do my best! :D

wanda lou 03-25-2014 02:21 PM

Nexxus has my top as he did one round, Does anyone else need to add a round or should she send it on home to me.

Difergie 03-25-2014 02:25 PM

I think I already worked on it- so I am good...the only onei have not worked on is cogito...

Originally Posted by wanda lou (Post 6644629)
Nexxus has my top as he did one round, Does anyone else need to add a round or should she send it on home to me.

Cogito 04-04-2014 10:02 AM

Ok zzmom and other dear quilt friends. Remember all that fabric I bought and thought it was perfect? Well....I matched it to the center. So when I got home and started playing with it I just couldn't get it to look right. The outer borders had the rust, navy and chambray blues and my fabrics did not look good at all! So back to staring at my stash. Over, and over, and over. Do u ever do that when you are hungry? Repeatedly going back to the fridge hoping you will see something you missed the last 4 times you looked? Lol!
well it is extremely difficult to match these colors for me for some reason. I finally ended up using the tail end of a layer cake which was literally the only fabric I had that even came close. So I was very limited on what I could do. I had hoped when I got it all on, I could then add a wider, un-pieced border to finish it off. I just can't for the life of me find what would look right. So I have been looking at it for over a week, laid out on my floor, repeatedly trying fabrics that don't "cut it" and I have decided I just need to send it home. I would rather zzmom be able to add whatever she would like to "finish" it versus me slapping on a border that doesn't enhance it.
What do you think zz? Are you ok with that? Here is a photo of its current state.

Cogito 04-04-2014 10:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well my iPad is being difficult. Lol! Try 2

zzmom 04-04-2014 06:33 PM

I like it alot Cogito! You can send it home and I will finish it off. No worries. I appreciate what you and everyone else has added to it. It looks very fun and I like the way it has turned out.:)