Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Row Robin 2011 Swap Groups Pending (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/row-robin-2011-swap-groups-pending-t71332.html)

Mariah 10-28-2010 11:31 AM

I made an Autumn Quilt--Golds, Greens, Browns, ect, in a Brown Bag Swap we had at Guild. I love that quilt; the colors are just beautiful.
One question; how will we make the animals you mentioned with quilting?
Mariah.

jacquie 10-28-2010 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Mariah
I made an Autumn Quilt--Golds, Greens, Browns, ect, in a Brown Bag Swap we had at Guild. I love that quilt; the colors are just beautiful.
One question; how will we make the animals you mentioned with quilting?
Mariah.

quite often on;
www.quilterscache.com or, other quilt websites (free patterns)
there are 'paper pieced' block patterns available for animals. either those or appliqued animal shapes...
surprise me lol...
love jacquie xxxxx

kreinhart742 10-28-2010 11:39 AM

I also have a question, does it need to be five separate blocks or can it be the width and length with a scene on it such as winter etc.

I was thinking to handpaint my original row then add applique or >>>>. Just thinking outloud.

jacquie 10-28-2010 12:00 PM

karla, i think it's up to you, so long as it measures exactly as it should width/height wise, it shouldn't matter.
if you were doing an applique row then it would probably be one piece of uncut fabric...
5 x 12.5 sq's is one of several options available to you...
gets the old grey matter thinking though, doesn't it!!! lol...
love jacquie xxxxx

Originally Posted by kreinhart742
I also have a question, does it need to be five separate blocks or can it be the width and length with a scene on it such as winter etc.

I was thinking to handpaint my original row then add applique or >>>>. Just thinking outloud.

Mariah 10-28-2010 12:03 PM

I forgot about applique; no doubt there are lots of possibilities if we just look.
Mariah.

MistyMarie 10-28-2010 12:10 PM

I was thinking about doing a snowman theme. That way, each year I can put it in the livingroom and enjoy! I haven't made a firm decision...but I like the idea of this, unless I think of something I like better...

We can stipulate if we want our row to be the top row or the bottom row?

Jennifer22206 10-28-2010 01:00 PM

I'm planning on a nautical theme - anything that reminds you of the water, boating, sealife and animals, colors in traditional blocks.. just have fun with it!

cbridges22 10-28-2010 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mariah
Another question: If we always send our row to the same person, then we each just work on one person's row; right?
Mariah.

No Here is an example:Sue,Jo,Ann,Betty,Sara are in a group
Each do their row and then- Sue sends to Jo
Jo sends to Ann
Ann sends to Betty
Sara send to Sue
They add a row and then send it to the next person.Everyone will work on everyone rows. Jo will add the second row to Sues,Ann will add the third row to Sues,Betty will add the fourth row to Sues,Sara will add the fifth row to Sues and then it goes home to Sue. Does this make sense?

Mariah 10-28-2010 05:43 PM

Yes, it does make sense. Somewhere today, an email came that we always send our rows to the same person. I have it bookmarked so I can go back to it. That was what created the question in the first place.
Now you have me straightened out; thanks!
Mariah.

bookworm 10-29-2010 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by kreinhart742

It can be either, that's why I only said what dimensions the row needed to be before sending ;)

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
I was thinking about doing a snowman theme. That way, each year I can put it in the livingroom and enjoy! I haven't made a firm decision...but I like the idea of this, unless I think of something I like better...

We can stipulate if we want our row to be the top row or the bottom row?

Yup.

As far as the sashing thing...If you want to send pre cut sashing around to have people add its fine. Just make sure to not go too crazy on what you send (keep postage considerations in mind please :) )

Thank you Belles for helping out