Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Scrappy Rail Fence Block Swap Sign Ups Close May 1st (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/scrappy-rail-fence-block-swap-sign-ups-close-may-1st-t103687.html)

Crafty3790 03-20-2011 07:30 AM

I love them very pretty.

Havplenty 03-20-2011 07:38 AM

It appears from reading the post, that she will be swapping 4 unit sets so I think each should be in a separate bag. The host did mention in an earlier response that she would prefer they not all be the same fabrics. So blocks that I am making of the same fabrics will be mated with blocks of different fabrics for a set.

Originally Posted by quiltmouse
I'm in (9 sets). If I understand correctly, we cannot "sign up" until our blocks are completed?

I get it that a set is 4 units (unsewn 6 1/2 x 6 1/2) rail.
minimum is 3 sets of 4 units, max 9 sets of 4 units.

the 3 (up to 9 sets) sets do NOT have to be same fabrics.

packaging question.

pin the 4 sets together..label...write on the bag, or pin a pce of paper.
each set (4 units) bagged separately? or 3 sets (4 pinned units) in SAME bag?

I am new to this & want to play by the rules! :P

Rie 03-20-2011 08:39 AM

thats a good idea havplenty.
your blocks look nice too.
I will be joining this group
after my machine gets finished.

rie

heyjami 03-20-2011 11:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I am washing some fabric to make my last 3 sets.
Here are my first 6 sets!

Scrappy Rail Blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]172448[/ATTACH]

Havplenty 03-20-2011 12:55 PM

Nice blocks heyjami. I have offically finished my 9 sets of blocks and I am just waiting to swap with the other participates. Now on to my mug rug swap project.

quiltingbee12 03-20-2011 03:06 PM

Sorry for the delay everybody. I will work on getting everybody in :)

heyjami 03-20-2011 03:31 PM

I'm finished! Sign me up for 9 sets. Please PM me the address to send them and I'll get them off.

Havplenty 03-20-2011 06:12 PM

Do you want each set in a separate baggie?

heyjami 03-23-2011 06:09 AM

I'm sending mine 1st Class mail. I don't see any reason that won't work for any USPS office - anything under 13 oz can go first class for $3 or under.

My package to you had the blocks, a little gift and my SASE and still was under 13 oz. So my return postage will work for up to 12 oz (I noted it on the envelope). Hope you don't mind! I mail stuff all the time and there's no need for priority mail unless you're sending over 13 oz.

Thanks for hosting! Can't wait to see what I get!

Havplenty 03-23-2011 02:37 PM

I think a lot of the hosts request the $4.95 flat rate shipping because it makes it easier on them (so they do not have to go to PO to weigh items) but you are right about we are able to send most of our swaps for far less than the $4.95 requested. It seems a bit wasteful spending to me. On one swap I had the PO add a little extra on the return postage and it was still under $4.95.

Originally Posted by heyjami
I'm sending mine 1st Class mail. I don't see any reason that won't work for any USPS office - anything under 13 oz can go first class for $3 or under.

My package to you had the blocks, a little gift and my SASE and still was under 13 oz. So my return postage will work for up to 12 oz (I noted it on the envelope). Hope you don't mind! I mail stuff all the time and there's no need for priority mail unless you're sending over 13 oz.

Thanks for hosting! Can't wait to see what I get!