Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/scrappy-siggie-block-swap-special-note-pge-150-closed-t36647.html)

cmsmith46580 05-19-2010 02:22 PM

oh yes, since I am almost finished, I will mail them - have not use for blocks with my name only on them! And next time, I believe the total people should get figured out first, and than come up with a total number of squares instead of playing a guessing game - first I thought we only had to make '2' squares, than it was indicated to make a little more in order to match up with the rest. A set number should've been set on b/4 starting the swap - it's like it was unorganized. Sorry, my opinion for what it's worth - probably nothing.

MegsAnn 05-19-2010 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by cmsmith46580
oh yes, since I am almost finished, I will mail them - have not use for blocks with my name only on them! And next time, I believe the total people should get figured out first, and than come up with a total number of squares instead of playing a guessing game - first I thought we only had to make '2' squares, than it was indicated to make a little more in order to match up with the rest. A set number should've been set on b/4 starting the swap - it's like it was unorganized. Sorry, my opinion for what it's worth - probably nothing.

Sorry you're having a hard time honey. You don't have to make a block for everybody if you don't want to. I'm doing it but it's cause I have the time. The deal is you just get back as many blocks as you send. It'll be less postage if you send less too 'cause it'll weigh less.

I hope you don't give up on swaps because of this. I'm in several and I love them. Usually blocks are done in sets on swaps... like you send in a set of 6 or 12 and get that many back. Then if you want to do more, you just send in more sets. I think sending return postage is pretty standard on most of them, unless you do the Quilting Bee swap where you make a block for someone and they make one for you. Or the doll quilt swap does it that way too where you make one for eachother.

MegsAnn 05-19-2010 03:03 PM

Oh, and by the way, I call my friends honey. It's not meant as umm.... what's that word? I don't remember... like when somebody talks down to you. Phooey I can't remember what the word is! Anyway, it's not that! :)

cmsmith46580 05-19-2010 03:54 PM

Not to worry about saying 'honey' - i'm pretty used to it being said. Thank you. I was doing this because I had some time and probably will do more once I find where they're at. I just didn't understand some of the stuff done.

Lightening57 05-19-2010 04:17 PM

NorabanaQuilts thanks for all you have done and I will mail my blocks as soon as June the 4th gets here. I have to wait on my check. L have had fun making them and will definitely join more of these as days go by. I appreciate all you did.

montanaquilter 05-19-2010 06:04 PM

remember we still have time!! these don't have to be in until June 15th--so no one panic yet!!
The only reason we did the swap this way was because we wanted to get every state and countries involved!!! I believe everything was explained on page on of this swap.

sewjoyce 05-20-2010 05:17 AM

cmsmith46580 -- I apologize for my somewhat rude remark. I would never hurt anyone's feelings intentionally and I'm really sorry that I upset you. :oops: :oops:

cmsmith46580 05-20-2010 05:33 AM

I took the last part or wording of your reply about me receiving the blocks in return the wrong way. Actually, I was not thinking about how the completed blocks were going to be returned to me, I was in la-la land about it all. Trying to make the blocks I was working on, plus work on another quilt for a Art Sale in the Park and the Raggedy Ann dolls I'm making for the same event, I just was not thinking about how or who was handling the postage end. And I all this to be done before I leave to visit my daughter-in-law and granddaughters in Fort Riley, Kansas where my son is based in the Army. I apologize for being in such a bad mood -- took it out on you. cmsmith46580

sewjoyce 05-20-2010 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by cmsmith46580
I took the last part or wording of your reply about me receiving the blocks in return the wrong way. Actually, I was not thinking about how the completed blocks were going to be returned to me, I was in la-la land about it all. Trying to make the blocks I was working on, plus work on another quilt for a Art Sale in the Park and the Raggedy Ann dolls I'm making for the same event, I just was not thinking about how or who was handling the postage end. And I all this to be done before I leave to visit my daughter-in-law and granddaughters in Fort Riley, Kansas where my son is based in the Army. I apologize for being in such a bad mood -- took it out on you. cmsmith46580

It's okay -- It's been a bad week for me also! Sounds like you have plenty on your plate and are doing a great job getting sew much done! :D

Boopers 05-20-2010 06:15 AM

Mailed 174 blocks on Monday 5/17. This was great fun.