Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/scrappy-siggie-block-swap-special-note-pge-150-closed-t36647.html)

jeanettegoodall 06-04-2010 03:06 PM

thank you

AkAngel 06-05-2010 12:40 PM

I think I got dropped from this thread somehow. Glad to know things are moving along and Norbana received my blocks. There is no way I would have redone 180 blocks if they had been lost. This is going to be fun seeing how we all decide to put these together.
Muriel

lucylockett 06-05-2010 01:05 PM

Norbanaquilts: We were at 174, someone dropped so now we're at 173. For those sending in more than that???

Norbana, as far as I'm concerned you should keep any extra siggy blocks for all your hard work. Even with several siggy blocks from the same state, they would still make a charity quilt, filler, border, something.

NorBanaquilts 06-05-2010 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by lucylockett
Norbanaquilts: We were at 174, someone dropped so now we're at 173. For those sending in more than that???

Norbana, as far as I'm concerned you should keep any extra siggy blocks for all your hard work. Even with several siggy blocks from the same state, they would still make a charity quilt, filler, border, something.

Thanks for bringing this up, What does everyone else that sent in more than 174 want me to do with the blocks??? Should I send them on to other swappers?? I doubt I would do anything with the duplicates. Ideas welcome!

KiwiQuilter 06-05-2010 01:42 PM

I think there was always the expectation that whatever was submitted (volume wise) would be swapped and returned. That was based on comments made earlier in the thread.

I had thought that there might be several people who would end out doing more - especially as the numbers were creeping higher and higher. An idea might be to divide those extras amongst those people. Not easy to explain - but the gist of it is that they get duplicates (or more) from all the people who did extras - rather than one whole batch of extras from one person. Gosh I hope that makes sense.

On a side note - I'm really excited that my blocks have been received. The postal shop told me they would take between 2 to 5 weeks to get there. Whew - made it in time :)

Norbana - your house must be looking very colorful.

letsquilt 06-05-2010 01:52 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I have been sewing on mine today and I have a new helper, we adaoped her today.So far I'm not sure what to name her.Heres a picture of her helping me.

nursie76 06-05-2010 01:54 PM

Ok, please help me out. How many blocks did we finish out at??? I thought 176, but now I see numbers like 172, 173, and even 180.

I have 177 blocks stitched (accidentally made 1 extra, at least if we need 176) but before I consider it finished up, I need to make sure of the exact number.

Thanks for any help you all can provide.

Letsquilt, your new helper is adorable! I have a calico, and since she seems to think I can't quilt without her, I named her...Patches! What else! LOL

Calif Jane 06-05-2010 01:57 PM

I agree with you Kiwi--that is a great plan. I'd prefer to not get my own blocks back.

nursie76 06-05-2010 01:59 PM

Ok, now I am really confused. Went to the swap list where everyone that is participating is listed, number of sets and that they have been received (if they have). Next to my user name is a note about mailing the blocks and who to mail them to, not MY name and address. Why is that there? Can it be moved to the proper place?

nursie76 06-05-2010 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Calif Jane
I agree with you Kiwi--that is a great plan. I'd prefer to not get my own blocks back.

Ditto