Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/scrappy-siggie-block-swap-special-note-pge-150-closed-t36647.html)

chewboo 06-06-2010 07:22 AM

i have mine all ready to go just need to get to the po

aussiequilter 06-06-2010 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
I thought you'd all like a block update:
8,963 blocks have been received from 63 swappers!

Hi, Norbana. You can add my name and blocks to the list. I sent them air mail on Thursday, so they will be out there somewhere.
I am trying to imagine what a pile of 10,000 blocks will look like. It's mind boggling. Good luck, and many thanks.

montanaquilter 06-06-2010 08:11 AM

wow! that's alot of siggie's!! thank you for taking on this huge task! it's been real fun. i should be mailing mine out this next week.

burnsk 06-06-2010 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
I thought you'd all like a block update:
8,963 blocks have been received from 63 swappers!

Please take pictures as this goes along. Can't even imagine what all those blocks will look like. Just finishing mine up and then the signing starts.

Maksi 06-06-2010 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by letsquilt
I have been sewing on mine today and I have a new helper, we adaoped her today.So far I'm not sure what to name her.Heres a picture of her helping me.

She is a lovely young cat. I would call her Dotty, she is adorable!

Deecee 06-06-2010 01:41 PM

I haven't been receiving notifications on this thread so I have had to catch up.

Great to see the number of "blocks received" is climbing.

I sent the required number of blocks so don't have extras but would think using the extras to fill in where there is a shortfall in numbers sent would spread them round. I doubt people want to receive their extras back.

Karen 06-06-2010 02:35 PM

My blocks will go out no later than Wed. on 3 day Priority!
Thanks for hosting this swap Norbana! If I was closer I would offer to come and help!

RatherB Quilting 06-06-2010 06:42 PM

I'M DONE! I'M DONE! 174 blocks (actually 180 completed)!!
I will be sending mine out within the next couple of days!
Now to complete the Sunbonnet Sue blocks I need to get done.
:)

King's Daughter 06-07-2010 04:41 AM

I agree with everyone here regarding extra blocks...just do whatever you want with them. If you want to divvy up amongst those who otherwise wouldn't be getting very many back, that's OK with me. Or send to the ones who had to drop out due to medical issues or moving or whatever. Or send them back if you prefer (although I, too, don't really want a bunch of my own blocks...personally, I got kinda tired of looking at them!).

Quilt Mom 06-07-2010 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023
I am sooo sorry to say that I am going to drop out of the swap. I just can't get finished. We are moving in a week. We have been painting and fixing up the new house, packing this house and it is the busiest time of the year at work. I, now have a serious medical issue to deal with. I feel so bad letting you all down. But, the moving thing came up after sign ups and I just ran out of time and energy. Hugs to you all.
Deb

Sorry you have to drop out. You sound terribly busy. I can understand the need to drop. I hope things settle down and the medical issue gets resolved.