Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/scrappy-siggie-block-swap-special-note-pge-150-closed-t36647.html)

BATmama 06-08-2010 08:17 PM

LOL I know what you mean. They never slow down.

King's Daughter 06-09-2010 05:25 AM

When I signed mine, I tried fine sandpaper and didn't like it, it seemed to make the pen drag and skip. I discovered by accident that the backside (the non-skid surface) of my rotating Olfa mat worked better for me. I took the mat off and set it aside, turned the bottom part over and clipped it a clipboard, and then clipped a siggie block on top of it.

Quilt Mom 06-09-2010 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by King's Daughter
When I signed mine, I tried fine sandpaper and didn't like it, it seemed to make the pen drag and skip. I discovered by accident that the backside (the non-skid surface) of my rotating Olfa mat worked better for me. I took the mat off and set it aside, turned the bottom part over and clipped it a clipboard, and then clipped a siggie block on top of it.

Another method...
I have a flannel board (small) that I use for block lay-out. I took the block off, and set my siggy block on the flannel board. It did not move, and I was able to sign with no problems.

mistiliz 06-09-2010 06:25 AM

The method use that seems to work is masking tape. I just apply masking tape to back of fabric and sign. I remove tape of course before heat pressing my signature. I like using the masking tape because they are reusable.

King's Daughter 06-09-2010 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by mistiliz
The method use that seems to work is masking tape. I just apply masking tape to back of fabric and sign. I remove tape of course before heat pressing my signature. I like using the masking tape because they are reusable.

I'll definitely try this way next time!

978gray 06-09-2010 08:18 AM

OK...hope no one will kill me. I made 100 and by the time I squared them up, trimmed seams (dumb me trimmed of the printed triangle on more than one occassion) :oops:and signed my blocks only 84 passed inspection.

I have a busy time a work and family obligations this weekend so do not think I can get any more done. (Not to mention. my ADD, I just can't bring myself to make anymore.) :shock:
So into the mail today will go 84 blocks. I figure some is better than none.

Ms Grace 06-09-2010 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by mistiliz

Great idea! I must try this.
Thanks for sharing. :-)

Quilt Mom 06-09-2010 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by 978gray
OK...hope no one will kill me. I made 100 and by the time I squared them up, trimmed seams (dumb me trimmed of the printed triangle on more than one occassion) :oops:and signed my blocks only 84 passed inspection.

I have a busy time a work and family obligations this weekend so do not think I can get any more done. (Not to mention. my ADD, I just can't bring myself to make anymore.) :shock:
So into the mail today will go 84 blocks. I figure some is better than none.

Don't worry. We all are sending in what we can. Some have sent as few as 12, if their postings are correct.

karenchi 06-09-2010 11:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of the label I made her. If anyone needs a label please pm me.

The jump stitches are not on the labels sent....

Karen

Label by Karen
[ATTACH=CONFIG]82077[/ATTACH]

Ms Grace 06-09-2010 12:50 PM

I pm'd you! :D