Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/scrappy-siggie-block-swap-special-note-pge-150-closed-t36647.html)

Judie 06-13-2010 12:33 PM

ah-oh.. I just looked at the recieved list.. goodness hurry and send in your blocks... I know you've all worked very hard, don't miss the swap!

I understand several of you are getting together to do the actual swap... so you may not be able to postpone it any... but I wouldn't mind waiting a bit longer for those who are working so hard to get them finished. I'd rather watit a bit longer and have the swap blocks than half of mine back.

oldswimmer 06-13-2010 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear
Hello, how is everyone mailing them? I have 175 to mail on Monday, June 14, 2010

I was thinking a padded envelope and also put one inside for return postage back to me???

That is what I did! Confused the clerk for a minute, but we got it all taken care of! Put a little "treat" in for Norbana!

Lady Tapioca 06-13-2010 04:16 PM

OK......I tried to have mine done early. Long story short - I'm not done yet! I don't know why
the boss, the husband, the kids, the cat, etc. can't let me sew 24 hours a day! They should know
how important this is LOL
The ones I have done are being signed tonight. Of course, Connecticut takes a long time to
write out! I bought more fabric today to replace the blocks that didn't 'measure up'.
I will make as many tomorrow night as I can and mail on Tuesday.
I am having fun, though, with my first swap. Thanks for the opportunity :)

burnsk 06-13-2010 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
I had a few blocks off too. There is another board member who did 150 and hers came out 1/4" off. She is unable to participate now. I feel so sad for her. Thank you for the tip on sewing the blocks. Works for me.

Don't know what I've done wrong - most of mine when I square them up are 3 3/8 inches. I now have 173 - 3 3/8 inch blocks with my name on them. I can't send these, can I? ARGGGHHHHHH Should I have cut the white square bigger than 3 1/2 inches? I am so angry with myself right now.

Does anyone with the wrong size block want to do an exchange? I don't have time to make the 15th deadline.

letsquilt 06-13-2010 05:43 PM

I cut my white block 4 inch, and color ones 3 inch, then sized them after I sewed them. It was alot easier,I wouldnt have a problem with your block tho.

pvquilter 06-13-2010 05:47 PM

I wouldn't have a problem with you sending that block.

Originally Posted by burnsk

I had a few blocks off too. There is another board member who did 150 and hers came out 1/4" off. She is unable to participate now. I feel so sad for her. Thank you for the tip on sewing the blocks. Works for me.

Don't know what I've done wrong - most of mine when I square them up are 3 3/8 inches. I now have 173 - 3 3/8 inch blocks with my name on them. I can't send these, can I? ARGGGHHHHHH Should I have cut the white square bigger than 3 1/2 inches? I am so angry with myself right now.

Does anyone with the wrong size block want to do an exchange? I don't have time to make the 15th deadline.

Lightening57 06-13-2010 05:54 PM

Send them any way. I am.

Lady Tapioca 06-13-2010 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by burnsk

I fear that some of mine are like that too. Maybe I should check the ruler I started with?
I wouldn't have a problem receiving blocks just that little bit off (it would be like any other block I usually make)!

Lady Tapioca 06-13-2010 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by letsquilt
I cut my white block 4 inch, and color ones 3 inch, then sized them after I sewed them. It was alot easier,I wouldnt have a problem with your block tho.

Next time I would do what you did. But, how did you decide on
the size to start with?

chewboo 06-13-2010 06:30 PM

ive had mine ready for over a week but havent made it to the mail box