Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/scrappy-siggie-block-swap-special-note-pge-150-closed-t36647.html)

jeanettegoodall 06-14-2010 04:49 AM

Just came back from a two day shop hop. i took some siggie blocks with me and had my fellow bus passengers sign and i'm going to use them in a quilt for my mother's 80th birthday gift ( she went on the bus trip also) plus I am having all her fellow church members sign one and on the day of her party, her guest will get to sign one also. several of the ladies on the bus trip commented that they wished that they had thought of doing something like this to have as a momento of their trip.

moosegirl 06-14-2010 05:07 AM

Just finished all my blocks & will mail on Tuesday. Moosegirl

nursie76 06-14-2010 05:17 AM

Finally got all those little pesky little things signed and squared up. As with some of you, some of mine are 1/16 to 1/8 in off here and there. I am still sending them as I don't have time to make more. I did rework about 25 of them so they squared up nicely. Next time, I will make them a little larger and cut them down as someone else suggested.

Will get them in the mail today if all goes well.

Edited to say: Oops! Just found out today is Flag Day, so the post office will not be open...guess they will go out Tuesday. Drat! And here I thought I would be a day early for a change. :roll:

King's Daughter 06-14-2010 05:49 AM

[quote=nursie76]Finally got all those little pesky little things signed and squared up. As with some of you, some of mine are 1/16 to 1/8 in off here and there. I am still sending them as I don't have time to make more. I did rework about 25 of them so they squared up nicely. Next time, I will make them a little larger and cut them down as someone else suggested.

Will get them in the mail today if all goes well.

Edited to say: Oops! Just found out today is Flag Day, so the post office will not be open...guess they will go out Tuesday. Drat! And here I thought I would be a day early for a change. :roll:[/quo

The Post Office isn't closed on Flag Day, so you can still send yours out today.

nursie76 06-14-2010 05:55 AM

Oh really? Great! Thanks for the heads up.

Boopers 06-14-2010 08:21 AM

Send them anyway. We can work with it.

burnsk 06-14-2010 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Boopers
Send them anyway. We can work with it.

Thanks everyone. I feel better but embarassed at my goof. I'll send them off tomorrow.
{{{ HUGS }}}

King's Daughter 06-14-2010 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by letsquilt
I cut my white block 4 inch, and color ones 3 inch, then sized them after I sewed them. It was alot easier,I wouldnt have a problem with your block tho.

I really, really wish I had done mine this way! Live and learn!

susiequilt 06-14-2010 09:33 AM

As much as I hate to waste fabric, after the first 50 I started to cut them 3 3/4 and 2 3/4! Made life much simpler.

Maksi 06-14-2010 12:19 PM

I'll send mine out a couple of weeks ago, but still not on the recieving list... :(Please cross your fingers that my blocks will there in time.