Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/scrappy-siggie-block-swap-special-note-pge-150-closed-t36647.html)

yolanda 06-20-2010 04:24 PM

I agree - it's no fun sewing while sick. I recommend putting it away for a few days then see what you feel up to completing.

Originally Posted by Philarena
Thanks! I just can't get back into it yet for any period of time. I have to keep stopping to rest. Maybe after a good night's sleep, I'll feel better in the morning. This will be my fifth full day of antibiotics.

nursie76 06-20-2010 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Philarena
Thanks! I just can't get back into it yet for any period of time. I have to keep stopping to rest. Maybe after a good night's sleep, I'll feel better in the morning. This will be my fifth full day of antibiotics.

Hope you feel better soon. If you don't feel noticeably better soon, I would let your health care provider know. Sometimes it takes an antibiotic change if the first one doesn't cause significant improvement in a reasonable amount of time.

Sending healing vibes your way and {{{hugs}}}

wvdek 06-20-2010 07:42 PM

Correct me if I am wrong please. Deadline is moved to July 30th?

If we want to finish making the remaining blocks to equal 175 (or whatever the final count is) we can do that still?

My machine goes in tlhe shop Tuesday and I will pick up later that same day so I should be able to get more made.

Wow, 30,000 + blocks. Yikes!

mrspete 06-21-2010 05:45 AM

Well, lawwwwwwww, got time to make another batch of signature blocks. Maybe I could pick a name out of the phone book. I knew a lady who when to the post office and rummaged in the waste paper basket for someone's junk mail and sent a b'day card with her return addy on it.....she wanted a new friend. I think I'll scrub that first thought.
Blessings,
Ruth

Honchey 06-21-2010 06:03 AM

Whew !!!, I never realized that there was so much work involved in these little blocks--wash, press, cut, mark, sew, clip, press, measure,square,sign and count--- did I forget a step? I'm not sure at this point :? And now that we have some more time--- I want to do it all over again !!! I only have 105 done but I have cut an additional 75 so that I will have the full amount done by this Wednesday. I have them all stacked up and they look so pretty and colorful. I do think that maybe we could have added the year this was done so that they could be dated. Anne

phoenixquilter 06-21-2010 06:06 AM

So, the swap is open until July 30? How soon after will the blocks be mailed back? Just curious. Thanks.

phoenixquilter 06-21-2010 06:16 AM

I sent 160 blocks, the last count I saw. Should I make another 14 and send those too?

Honchey 06-21-2010 06:58 AM

My thoughts are that I'm thinking that you still have time to do more blocks although I wouldn't wait too long. I myself am making more and hope to get them in the mail by this Wednesday. The ladies that are going to be sorting all the blocks have to have ALL the blocks in place before the 30th of July---so depending on where you live and how you are going to ship them--I wouldn't wait more than a week to get them in the mail. They have an enormous amount of work to do and the earlier the blocks get there the easier it will be for them. Anne

chewboo 06-21-2010 07:02 AM

norbana i want to see a pic after you recieve all the blocks

i know all will look small but all in one pic would be fab if you can

love ya for all the work you are doing on this one and really glad you have help with the swap

Nancy

LovingIzabella 06-21-2010 07:18 AM

I am only about an hour and a half or so south of Albany and would love to help you swap these out but I do not know if I can get the day off of work as I have been out for the last almost two weeks for DD's surgery. WOW You did an awesome job everyone-wish I could have done them with you all!
Hugs
April
Norbana you are awesome for organizing this one!