Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/scrappy-siggie-block-swap-special-note-pge-150-closed-t36647.html)

Deecee 06-26-2010 12:39 AM

I hope all your blocks arrive safely Maksi. They must be taking the longest trip out of all the participants.

sewcrafty 06-26-2010 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by King's Daughter

Originally Posted by Chigger Holler Quilter
Am I understanding that send in date has been extended to July 30? And I was just about ready to give up! Thanks sew much. Will start working on more!

I believe Norbana and her helpers are getting together on July 30 to divvy them out, so they need to have them before that. Someone correct me if this is wrong...

You're correct!! I would say that if its not there by the 28th then you're probably going to be out of luck. So get them in the mail the week before. A month has been added so there shouldn't be a problem. :D

Beth33 06-26-2010 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear
do you have any other ideas on what you are going to make with your siggies when you get them back???

Can't picture myself sitting there sewing so many tiny squares together, so I am going to make them bigger, using Bevanger's Wonky block tutorial. Easier for me and will get larger quilt that way.

chewboo 06-26-2010 06:55 AM

i am going to make a couple of lap quilts--alone with other blocks and curtains to cover my fabrics---i am also have siggies signed at all classes i go to

AkAngel 06-26-2010 07:09 AM

What a neat idea to collect siggie blocks from your classes.
Muriel

Quilt Mom 06-27-2010 03:26 AM

Sounds like a great idea to get siggies from other classes. May I use your idea? There's a retreat coming up I am scheduled to attend...

chewboo 06-27-2010 11:51 AM

i am not always using the 3 1/2 inch block--the class i am teaching in july i am asking each student to sign a heart--with name and qhat ever else they want that will fit then give me a 5X5 scrap of their fabric that i am going to cut out a hand print to put the heart on

MISHNJIM 06-27-2010 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by chewboo
i am not always using the 3 1/2 inch block--the class i am teaching in july i am asking each student to sign a heart--with name and qhat ever else they want that will fit then give me a 5X5 scrap of their fabric that i am going to cut out a hand print to put the heart on

That is such a cute idea....I really like that. That sounds like another idea for a Military quilt.

Maksi 06-28-2010 08:39 AM

YeahYeahYeah!!! My blocks arrived! Yahooooooo! :lol: :lol: :thumbup:

susiequilt 06-28-2010 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Maksi
YeahYeahYeah!!! My blocks arrived! Yahooooooo! :lol: :lol: :thumbup:

Great news! What a big relief for you.

We are still waiting for 48 minus the three hostess = 45 sets still missing.
We also have gone from 174 to 170 so lost a few there.