Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/scrappy-siggie-block-swap-special-note-pge-150-closed-t36647.html)

King's Daughter 02-22-2010 08:43 AM

One person is contributing two sets--one from her daughter, and her extra set isn't included in the total, so don't forget to count her.

And thanks for adding the total count so we don't have to keep counting each person who signed up.

These do go really fast! I have zero experience in triangles, and after doing a couple practice ones, I got 22 done on Saturday, and plan to do one for each person signed up.

On the little triangles that get trimmed off: I read a suggestion somewhere to sew another seam 1/2" from the first one, then cut between the two, and voila, a ready-made HST! So now I have a little pile of those, too.

Maksi 02-22-2010 10:42 AM

I did 50 so far. But I hope I can make some more. :)

Crafty1 02-22-2010 10:51 AM

I've got my blocks done this morning YAY!! I have 55 so far (in case I make a mistake when I write on them :oops: ) and will do more as the count goes up.

Thank you so much for including my daughter :) She is 11 and really excited to share! She reads the board and loves to see everyone's work. She does more projects than me LOL. She'll be working on her blocks after school.

wilhelmina 02-22-2010 12:41 PM

Nice tip...to sew the second seam for the HST, as I plan to use mine for a border! These little squares do go together fast, I plan to make one for each sign up, plus one (for the daughter) :)

Deecee 02-22-2010 01:04 PM

Great idea of using the mini HST's for a border. I think I will do this too. Thank you King's Daughter and wilhelmina for sharing a good tip.

tuesy 02-22-2010 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana
I will put aka in mine if it would make you feel better. They are done but not signed yet.

Originally Posted by tuesy

Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
Your Name - Board name
The little hypen between your real name and your board name.
it could be a - or a / or a ~

Originally Posted by Maksi

I like the little dash or something!

What does "a little dash or something" mean?

Eeeek!! :roll: I already signed mine the way someone else had suggest earlier.. with the aka..

I can do them over if need be..just let me know K?

That is so very nice of you to offer, but you don't have to do that...

chewboo 02-22-2010 02:09 PM

i said i wouldnt do any more things until i was caught up but just went and bought my white fabric so i guess count me in

just one ? does the colored fabric have to be the same on all---------i can do it either way

ligia 02-22-2010 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by chewboo

just one ? does the colored fabric have to be the same on all---------i can do it either way

Have cut fabs from stash for 80 blocks.
Each print for 2 blocks

NorBanaquilts 02-22-2010 04:00 PM

I've used about 60 fabrics for 75 blocks. All the 2.5" squares have been true scraps.

Dragonfly Nana 02-22-2010 05:43 PM

I've used about 60 fabrics for 75 blocks. All the 2.5" squares have been true scraps.

Me too NorBana...though I only have 60 completed. No one told me the signing part would be difficult.