Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/scrappy-siggie-block-swap-special-note-pge-150-closed-t36647.html)

burnsk 07-30-2010 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
I spoke with Norbana at about 3:15 and she said there was no way they would be done by 4 so they would be going back to Jan's house to chug on :-)
Hugs
April

I think when all is said and done, the gals need to do a tutorial as to how to handle a swap as big as this one got. Phew.

While a wonderful fun thing this was for those that made the blocks, I cannot even begin to imagine what it will involve for these poor gals doing the sorting to move all the partially done piles to Jan's house to continue after they have spent a long day sorting. If I could wiggle my nose and make dinner and refreshments appear for you all, it would be done. I hope you are having fun in the process.

I make a promise:
I do solemnly swear that if we do a block swap again of this magnitude and it is within 400 miles of my house I will make the drive to help.
Signed: K. Burns

LovingIzabella 07-30-2010 05:02 PM

UPDATE FROM DONNA:

12 hours in to this and they are still sorting blocks....they are getting tired but are still chugging along!! Let's keep cheering them on everyone!
Hugs
April

chewboo 07-30-2010 05:21 PM

donna wish i were ther and helping--know you all are tired
you are doing a great job and i cant wait to see pics of your endevor

Philarena 07-30-2010 05:38 PM

We all are wishing you renewed strength and fortitude! May God's angels lift you up that you may not grow weary! We thank you for all your hard work and diligence; and we sure are grateful for your sakes that one house was close for you!

sharon b 07-30-2010 06:05 PM

Just remember the little engine that could :thumbup: I know it is easy for is to say that as we sit at home, but we are with you in spirit :lol:

THANK YOU for all your hard work on this

Judie 07-30-2010 06:06 PM

Oh my.. I knew it was going to be a long day.. I can't imagine how you managed to move everything when you had to leave and go to Jan's.. I hope no one dropped theirs and no wind blew...

It's now 9 pm Missouri time, so I'm hoping you're all done and having a glass of wine.. Hope it's not an expresso so you can get pumped up to finish!!

Thank you for your hard work today.. we all wish we could have helped, I'd have been there if I could have. Perhaps next time the big exchange will be closer and I'll go for sure..

We're all waiting to hear from you and know you've survived the Block Exchange Day.. B-E-D... humm... You'll be ready for bed tonight I'm sure!! Hope you took some pictures!

zyxquilts 07-30-2010 06:34 PM

Thank you three SO MUCH! You've tackled a gargantuan task today :thumbup:

nursie76 07-30-2010 07:13 PM

Thank you so very much for all your hard work! You are angels for doing this for all of us. :thumbup:

Lightening57 07-30-2010 07:31 PM

Hope ya'll had a good and thanks so much for doing this.

Lightening57 07-30-2010 07:31 PM

Hope ya'll had a good and thanks so much for doing this.