Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/scrappy-siggie-block-swap-special-note-pge-150-closed-t36647.html)

Shemjo 08-09-2010 03:56 PM

My Siggies came today! Hooray! I have sorted them twice, and will most likely sort them many more times before I decide how they will go together.

Thank you so much for doing this, all the responsibility! Gosh, how exciting to see all the places represented and all the wonderful fabrics and colors! This will be sew fun!

There are so many ways to put them together. I like the lattice look!

letsquilt 08-09-2010 04:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Yeah!!!!!! My siggies came today, What fun it was going thru them all to see who made them,and what part of the contry they came from.I cant wait to get started on a design, just dont know what Im going to do yet.Thank You to all who made this happen!!What a treasure.

debbieumphress 08-09-2010 04:29 PM

Wahoooooooooooo today was siggie day. Taking them all to retreat with me this weekend to start quilting on. Thanks to everyone who participated and especially to thsoe who had to sort them.

wilhelmina 08-09-2010 04:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My siggies came today too! I am delighted with the variety I received, as I have many states and about 14 from other countries!!! This was an awesome job on sorting. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am also very happy with the way the extras were sorted, as I received two from a few members and almost always with different fabrics. :D

Thanks again for all the hard work in making this a great swap!!!

The funny layout in the second pic, is ... grouped by states!!!

Brazil, Canada, New Zealand, Norway, Japan, Holland, UK, Australia and more on the far right side!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]94727[/ATTACH]

Many many states!!! Alaska & Hawaii too!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]94728[/ATTACH]

2 Doods 08-09-2010 05:07 PM

Mine are here too.
Thanks everyone!!!
After the wedding I'll have time to play and will post pictures then. Only 2 more weeks!

sewcrafty 08-09-2010 05:14 PM

Just a heads up ladies. I would heat set the ink for the names, just in case someone forgot to do it. Better to be safe than sorry.

MISHNJIM 08-09-2010 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by sewcrafty
Just a heads up ladies. I would heat set the ink for the names, just in case someone forgot to do it. Better to be safe than sorry.

I thought that same thing when I got mine and meant to post that also. Thanks for going back into my head and typing it on here with your fingers.....LOL

jodimae 08-09-2010 06:07 PM

I ended up with 42 states and 7 countries, the only disappointment was... that I didn't get one from norbanaquilts :( Thanks again everyone for all these wonderful blocks. I even had my DH on the floor looking through them :)

RatherB Quilting 08-09-2010 06:11 PM

I got home from vacation and was thrilled to find my squares! I haven't really gone through them yet, but I am hugely excited. I cannot wait to get started on making the quilt! It's going to be so great!! Thanks all for all your hard work!

soniboo 08-09-2010 07:07 PM

I got mine today, too. It was amazing to read all the names and see all the places and the wonderful variety of designs and colors. Thanks everyone, I love my/your blocks!

I knew our workers had a rough job but with what I received multiplied by all the blocks they had to sort and package for each of us I understand better what a huge undertaking they had. Thank you so much ladies and hubby; you certainly sacrificed a lot of time and effort to make this possible for us!