Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/scrappy-siggie-block-swap-special-note-pge-150-closed-t36647.html)

Quilter7x 08-09-2010 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by sewcrafty
Just a heads up ladies. I would heat set the ink for the names, just in case someone forgot to do it. Better to be safe than sorry.

I'm really glad you posted this because I didn't know I was supposed to do this, so mine aren't heat treated.

My blocks haven't come yet so I will look again tomorrow. This is getting so exciting seeing everyone's blocks! :D

Lightening57 08-09-2010 08:11 PM

Yipee mine came today and they are beautiful. Thanks everyone. Now to decide how to arrange them and piece them together.

Pats8e8 08-09-2010 09:16 PM

Yay! Mine came today too. They are wonderful! The group that sorted them did a great job. Many thanks are in order. What a good site this is, thanks to all that participated in this swap! Now to see all the quilt tops put together. We all did good!

turtlerouge 08-09-2010 09:29 PM

Okay, I'm jealous, I still didn't get mine yet.
turtlerouge

NorBanaquilts 08-10-2010 01:41 AM

They'll be coming...I still have a few sets to get out.

Originally Posted by turtlerouge
Okay, I'm jealous, I still didn't get mine yet.
turtlerouge

King's Daughter 08-10-2010 04:23 AM

Hurray, I got mine yesterday! They are so PRETTY! Just love all the cool fabrics, and loved going through them all. I read them all to my husband as I went through them, it was so fun seeing where they all came from. Can't wait to put them together, just have to decide how. Thanks again, ladies (and husband) for doing all the hard work.

eiltcoq 08-10-2010 05:04 AM

Norbanaquilts, It would be nice if we sent one of our blocks to Diane at the Senior Center and she can make a quilt and hang it
in the center. Eiltcoq.

ckcowl 08-10-2010 05:31 AM

YEA mine were waiting for me when i got home from work yesturday!!!! they are wonderful! i am so excited to use these. I am usually terrible about never doing anything with swap blocks...after a few years i usually just pass them on, or make tote bags/table runners out of them, not this time, i'm going to put together one wonderfully scrappy quilt! i participated in a much smaller siggy block swap on a different forum so i have over 200 to use, plus all of the 1/2 square triangle units from making the 200 i made, plus i did a 3 1/2" scrappy 9-patch swap about 5 years ago that will be used with these too...(yea, 2 swaps put to use :) )
this has been my favorite swap this year..
thank you to everyone involved who did their part to make this such a success!

Grama Lehr 08-10-2010 07:16 AM

Hooray!! I received my blocks on Monday!! Everyone in the family had to check them out! They are so cool! I took out a huge cookie sheet and sorted them by color. I had 15 stacks. Not one with a duplicate fabric!! I find that amazing! Now, how to put them together! Hmmmmm, what to do?? Any ideas?
I love being able to pick my block out of pictures. It's kind of neat seeing it in someone's home. :D
This swap was a lot of fun! Thank you ladies! I really enjoyed the swap! :thumbup:

pastrygrl 08-10-2010 07:29 AM

i got my blocks yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can't wait to make my quilt! thanks to all who participated :)