Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/scrappy-siggie-block-swap-special-note-pge-150-closed-t36647.html)

mrspete 08-11-2010 07:52 PM

I did not count them. Kind of overwhelmed, actually. But, I love them. Thanks everyone.
Blessings, Ruth

Originally Posted by letsquilt
Wow mrspete, how many siggies did you get? looks like alot. I just keeplooking at mine, love them all cant figure out what to do yet.

Judie 08-11-2010 08:06 PM

I have my blocks too... they are wonderful! I want to get them all listed in some sort of a spread sheet so I can see just where they are all from. It's great to get these.. I plan on making a wall hanging so they will be up where everyone can read where all these blocks came from.. I know it will be a great conversation starter! thank you everyone!

susiequilt 08-12-2010 04:12 AM

My power was off for about three hours last night so I spent the time with a candle looking at all my blocks again.
I noticed that quite a few don't have the board names on them just the real name so I have no idea who they are from.
When I get done sorting out those ones I may need your help figuring out board names!
:-D

Quilt Mom 08-12-2010 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by susiequilt
I noticed that quite a few don't have the board names on them just the real name so I have no idea who they are from.
When I get done sorting out those ones I may need your help figuring out board names!
:-D

Ditto!! Maybe some want to remain anonymous!

Aurora 08-12-2010 06:02 AM

I picked mine up at the Post Office Tuesday. I spent the evening going through them. It was interesting to see fabrics from all those places. I counted mine and I received 162, plus 5 of mine back. So, I am thinking about including one of mine in the quilt and using the other 4 in the corners. Thanks again to those involved in this swap.

I really enjoyed being part of it and I hope to create a quilt that will be around long after I am gone that will tell a story of quilting in the early part of this century.

Honchey 08-12-2010 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Aurora
I picked mine up at the Post Office Tuesday. I spent the evening going through them. It was interesting to see fabrics from all those places. I counted mine and I received 162, plus 5 of mine back. So, I am thinking about including one of mine in the quilt and using the other 4 in the corners. Thanks again to those involved in this swap.

I really enjoyed being part of it and I hope to create a quilt that will be around long after I am gone that will tell a story of quilting in the early part of this century.

I guess my ziplock bag got passed over a bunch of times. I sent in 180 Siggies and received 153. :cry: :cry:

Grama Lehr 08-12-2010 08:45 AM

Did you get one of mine? I could send you one.

Judie 08-12-2010 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by HisPatchwork
I just need 5 states to complete all 50. Maryland, New Mexico, Vermont, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. I have really enjoyed going through them. Not sure what design I will use, but I plan on putting the States in alphabetical order {almost} I will probably put the international ones right at the top. This was a wonderful 1st swap for me!

I just finished sorting mine also.. they are wonderful.. and I can't believe there are no repeats in fabrics that I noticed (I did have duplicates of some names and they were repeats, but I've set those aside for a special project).

I too am missing Maryland, New Mexico, Vermont, Wisconsin, and Wyoming to have a complete set.. Anyone from those states that would volunteer to make a couple extra blocks? I'd be happy to send a SASE to help out. Any takers??

Judie 08-12-2010 09:01 AM

I'm not sure how the blocks were divided.. I also sent in 180 and got 160 back.. BUT.. many of us, including me, said "please give them out.. I don't need a bunch of mine back" and "anyway you divided them up will be just fine by us".. so they did and I'm very happy with the ones I recieved.. Perhaps some who had a few less than were needed got some extras back.. I hope so.. I'd rather they have them than me!
I think our exchangers did a fabulous job.. thank you again and again!!

I would like to complete the set.. and pick up those pesky 5 states that are missing! Still looking for Maryland, New Mexico, Vermont, Wisconsin, and Wyoming...

chewboo 08-12-2010 09:11 AM

i dont think those state mailed