Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/scrappy-siggie-block-swap-special-note-pge-150-closed-t36647.html)

youme 03-23-2010 03:47 PM

Wow, 78 great swappers so far and maybe more to join in??
I had been saving my addiction on sewing more blocks since I had finished 70 blocks,but now I can start another season .

I love the layout that susiequilt posted.

panda

billsgirl 03-24-2010 06:43 AM

Fantastic idea! Put me down for 12 blocks! This is going to be fun! Wish I could go to everyones house and spend a week with them sewing! (everyone in my collection of blocks, that is!) Wouldn't that be fun?!
Bills Gal

booklady 03-24-2010 09:26 AM

Up to 81! I just know we can get a few more and make that 100 mark!

mrspete 03-24-2010 09:42 AM

With 52 days until closing of the sign-up, we will probably exceed the 100 mark. Gets more exciting all the time.
7 days of March left + 30 days of April, then add 15 days of May.....so cool!

Blessings, Ruth

pameladaves 03-24-2010 12:07 PM

I am in on this too, and started my squares yesterday. This is exciting and at work today all I could think about is this project. It would be neat to know something about each person that signs the square to later be able to talk about the quilt/ What do you think?

Karen 03-24-2010 04:46 PM

I am just curious as to what you would make with 12 3.5 blocks? I am new at this, so I really would like to know.
Thanks bunches, Karen

booklady 03-24-2010 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Karen
I am just curious as to what you would make with 12 3.5 blocks? I am new at this, so I really would like to know.
Thanks bunches, Karen

Karen, I plan on making one block for each person in the swap. So hopefully there will be enough for a full quilt. If not, I'll add some other squares to it or center it and fill it out with different borders.
Some people only plan on swapping a few squares. Maybe they hope to make a wall hanging or table runner, etc. It's entirely up to you how many you are going to make. I'm hoping on over 100 so it will be a true "round the world" signature swap.

Dragonfly Nana 03-24-2010 05:11 PM

I just sewed up a couple more tonight...85 and watching the count. They go together so fast!

pvquilter 03-24-2010 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by pameladaves
I am in on this too, and started my squares yesterday. This is exciting and at work today all I could think about is this project. It would be neat to know something about each person that signs the square to later be able to talk about the quilt/ What do you think?

I was in a swap once where we made a block for our state we lived in in. We had to do 52. The two extra were for two extra quilts, but we wrote a history of ourselves, something about our state, and what inspired us to make the block we chose and also a favorite recipe. It was very nice. Now I have this wonderful memory of all these quilters. I just need to put mine together. Thought I would get that done this last winter, but had too many other projects going. I actually had it laid out how I was going to sew together., but there was one block that one person couldn't put together for some reason and I couldn't figure it out. Finally got it figured out, then I got busy in my machine quilting business and had to put it away. AHH next winter I guess.

moosegirl 03-26-2010 07:41 AM

Add me to the list for the signature 3/1/2 blocks I'll make the number required to send everyone in the swap one. Moosegirl