Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/scrappy-siggie-block-swap-special-note-pge-150-closed-t36647.html)

OrchidQuiltFish(OQF) 04-23-2010 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by sewcrafty

Originally Posted by OrchidQuiltFish(OQF)
How about "dannypanny" I think she is in Africa, she is participating in the Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap.

Also "Mamalisa" from Kenya recently joined

Have you interacted with either one? If so, can you PM them to see if they would be interested? If not let me know and I'll try them.

I just sent out pm to both of them with the link inviting them to check it out.

ligia 04-23-2010 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by moosegirl
I was thinking of making one long strip of all the signatures and using it as a border in my studio so when I look up at the ceiling I would have lots of inspiration surrounding me as I work. Moosegirl

Thats what I intend too ! :thumbup:

sewcrafty 04-23-2010 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by sewcrafty

How about "dannypanny" I think she is in Africa, she is participating in the Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap.

Also "Mamalisa" from Kenya recently joined

Have you interacted with either one? If so, can you PM them to see if they would be interested? If not let me know and I'll try them.

I just sent out pm to both of them with the link inviting them to check it out.

That's awesome!!! Thanks!!!

Karen 04-23-2010 07:12 PM

Well i just about have enough done! They are really easier than I expected!!

nursie76 04-23-2010 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Karen
Well i just about have enough done! They are really easier than I expected!!

How many have you estimated that we need to cover everyone? I keep thinking I know, then I recount and get a different number. :?

NorBanaquilts 04-24-2010 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by nursie76

How many have you estimated that we need to cover everyone? I keep thinking I know, then I recount and get a different number. :?

We are at 136, and one maybe!

montanaquilter 04-24-2010 04:18 AM

guess i'd better get started making more! i though i'd be safe stopping at 130 but.....yeah we got MORE!! i am way excited that we're getting more-hopefully we'll get all the states and continents/countries involved!! wouldn't that be so awesome??!!

dotcomdtcm 04-24-2010 06:04 AM

16 blocks make a nice design, many variations.
you'd need 144 to make 9 blocks if my math is correct. then add sashing & whatever else. A lap quilt for a wheel-chair
bound veteran? So let's keep sewing! I get bored unless I have a goal!

nursie76 04-24-2010 06:05 AM

Thanks!

I go To The Sea To Breathe 04-24-2010 07:28 AM

I invited the person that lives outside of Hong Kong. I intend to invited the person from Holland.....