Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/scrappy-siggie-block-swap-special-note-pge-150-closed-t36647.html)

dotcomdtcm 04-25-2010 03:06 PM

I was hoping for 144. Good for you! I'm out of white fabric & have to pause at # 94!!

pvquilter 04-25-2010 03:20 PM

I have 140 made. Will wait till closed date to make the rest so everyone gets one plus a few extra.

ckcowl 04-26-2010 04:15 AM

oh i am so glad i didn't miss the sign up for this...i signed up for the same type swap on a different forum (i try to stay active on 2 and divide the projects between the 2) anyway...that one asked for 100 siggy blocks...i made 100 siggy blocks...go back to see where to send them and
they only had 20 sign ups...so here i am with an extra 80 siggy blocks all made :(
was upset at first (after all how many blocks with my own name on them would i want to put in a quilt?) then i remembered that this forum was doing one too...so
please put me on the list, i have time to do 60-70 more and this way i will have plenty for the quilt i envision...
i did a scrappy 9 patch swap a while back and think they will go wonderfully with these...
oh the visions..........

BATmama 04-26-2010 07:10 AM

How many states are we missing now? Did we get all the states covered? This is going to be an awesome quilt.

dotcomdtcm 04-26-2010 07:15 AM

Could I use a white on white for the basic square? Or would you prefer basic white? I realize there are whites & then there are whites!

sewcrafty 04-26-2010 08:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
As far as I know this is the updated list. We need 10 more states to have the US totally represented. If anyone, knows of someone, please recruite!!!

Ladies, since a lot of participants are in hiding, if you find that you represent a state that's listed, could you please notifiy norbanaquilts and let her know. I would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!!! Happy block making!! :-D :-D :-D

sewcrafty 04-26-2010 08:42 AM

You could even use a white muslin if you wanted to.

Quilt Mom 04-26-2010 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
What is a scrappy? Just one made from scraps?

Scrappy refers to the fact that everything is not necessarily coordinated. It can be all from your scraps, but it doesn't have to be. In this case, we will be swapping with lots of different people, with lots of different fabrics available. The challenge for me will be finding a pleasing way to arrange the blocks. (I usually do not do scrappy. That's one reason I joined the swap... to learn! :lol: )

dotcomdtcm 04-26-2010 08:45 AM

It's going to be fun to see what everyone does! I might put my sewing off and look for a bit of inspiration from the pros out there in cyberquiltingland!

Quilt Mom 04-26-2010 09:19 AM

You will find a lot of inspiration! If you look back through this thread, there are some links to ways others have used this block. Have fun researching.