Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/scrappy-siggie-block-swap-special-note-pge-150-closed-t36647.html)

montanaquilter 05-01-2010 03:49 PM

yes they really don't take very long at all! very quick and easy once you get set up to do it. i have to play catch up now though, oh well, something to do during nap time!! i hope that everyone really decides that they can do one for everyone cause it'd be really special to have 1 from every state and from all over the world! glad we finally got a Delaware!!

Judie 05-01-2010 04:38 PM

Welcome aboard CLMQuilter from Delaware!!! 3 cheers for you!(or perhaps that's more like 160+ cheers!!) You might find these blocks go so fast that you'll want to make more.. they don't take long and we are all so excited about having blocks from everywhere.. Thanks for jumping in. We're all happy you're here!

wilhelmina 05-01-2010 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Judie
Welcome aboard CLMQuilter from Delaware!!! 3 cheers for you!(or perhaps that's more like 160+ cheers!!) You might find these blocks go so fast that you'll want to make more.. they don't take long and we are all so excited about having blocks from everywhere.. Thanks for jumping in. We're all happy you're here!

Ditto

CLMQuilter 05-01-2010 05:05 PM

You are wellcome I am glad to be on board and will do as many as I can. Will try for 161 if I can.

dotcomdtcm 05-01-2010 05:08 PM

Yeah, I'm done! Please send me your mailing address! Dotty

Crafty1 05-01-2010 05:53 PM

WooHoo so happy we got all the states and a lot of countries represented! This will be a fantastic quilt! We have a few more to go and we'll be ready to send them out!

lucylockett 05-01-2010 06:15 PM

Thanks CLMquilter! You're the best!

AkAngel 05-01-2010 06:53 PM

Welcome CLMQuilter, glad you decided to join the swap. Like you I am the only one representing my state so I am going to try to make enough for everyone to get one from Alaska. I think I might just plan for 175 right now being we still have til the 15th for sign up. I also have 35 boom blocks to get started. Everyone assures me these don't take long I hope they're right.
BTW, I did come home with a brand new 3160 JanomeQDC this is the full size lightweight machine. I'm excited to try it out. I really wanted a lightweight machine to carry to classes and UFO night. My other machine is great its just to heavy to carry all the time. I was tired and hurting the other day when I tried to bring it upstairs (I have a wheel carry case for it but its easier to carry it upstairsin the house) well wouldn't you know I stepped on one of the steps wrong and lost my balance backwards away went my 1300.00 dollar machine down the stairs, fortunately the carrier protected it this time, but I was sure I was going down with it and we were both going to be in bad shape.
I've taken pictures and my neighbor is suppose to come over later tonight or tomorrow so maybe she can help me figure out how to post them.
Muriel

dotcomdtcm 05-01-2010 07:09 PM

Oh, hello from NYC! What is a "boom block"?
Dotty

Judie 05-01-2010 07:36 PM

For those of you who are the only one from your state making blocks.

I'm sending a big hug and a pat on the back.. Just go out tomorrow morning, take a deep breath of fresh air and see if you don't feel better.. that better is the hug!

I don't know how to send the pat on the back.. perhaps I can include it with my blocks.. look for it among the blocks when you get yours back!

My hat is off to you for jumping in.,

and to NorBanaQuilts for the job this will be to get them all back to us.. Look for that pat on the back.. I don't think you can wear it out, so use it freely.