Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-2012-sign-ups-closed-help-me-10-27-2012-a-t200887.html)

mcdaniel023 12-14-2012 02:49 AM

Jeeze...Grann won't share????? I am telling too. But, who do we tell?

grann of 6 12-14-2012 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023 (Post 5719232)

Sorry guys, but I finished the last bottle. We will have to make another run to the Wine and Spirits Shoppe. You know how it is when you are busy quilting.....you get very parched. Then your hands strart to cramp, and the only thing you can do for that is to exercise them in a different way. So I discovered that picking up a wine glass by the stem and tipping with the wrist helps immensely. Now, if you're not a wino...errrrrr.... wine conniseur, you can achieve the same results with a martini glass or a margarita glass. Just make sure you hold the pinky finger up to exercise it too. Also, you have to switch hands every few tips, so you get equal exercise in each hand.

Pat625 12-14-2012 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6 (Post 5719268)
Sorry guys, but I finished the last bottle. We will have to make another run to the Wine and Spirits Shoppe. You know how it is when you are busy quilting.....you get very parched. Then your hands strart to cramp, and the only thing you can do for that is to exercise them in a different way. So I discovered that picking up a wine glass by the stem and tipping with the wrist helps immensely. Now, if you're not a wino...errrrrr.... wine conniseur, you can achieve the same results with a martini glass or a margarita glass. Just make sure you hold the pinky finger up to exercise it too. Also, you have to switch hands every few tips, so you get equal exercise in each hand.

WEEEEEEEELL...............My doctor DID say I should exercise.........HHHMMMMMM

MimiBug123 12-14-2012 11:28 AM

I've been looking for the SS thread since Sunday night! I want to thank PatQuilts for the wonderful box of goodies I received. It seemed bottomless! I got a set of dishtowels (which perfectly match my newly painted kitchen), a wonderful selection of fqs, some pretty snowflakes, a great quilting magazine, a lovely snowflake glass (everybody is tired of seeing me with my red one), and all sorts of goodies. Thanks so much for your time and talent in putting together such a great gift! Merry Christmas to all of you!

dreamer2009 12-14-2012 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023 (Post 5719232)

Sharonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Cindy60545 12-14-2012 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6 (Post 5719268)

OH! OH! This qualifies for exercise, doesn't it?? Oh, I need that!! Great idea!!

MimiBug123 12-14-2012 01:04 PM

Bless your heart! I'm right there with you, though! I fell down the doorsteps and broke my wrist, my ankle and my foot! Can't sew, quilt, paint (cook or clean or vacuum) so I am just sort of sitting here waiting for the elves to appear and do all I need to do! Oh well!!!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by ljs317http://www.quiltingboard.com/images/...post-right.pngWell I took your advice on how to find my lost Christmas: I watched Elf the Movie, It's a Wonderful Life, put out some decorations, Went to the local christmas tree farm and looked for a tree, fell in a gopher hole broke two fingers on my right hand and my left wrist, while driving myself too the hospital I listened to christmas carols on the radio, and still haven't been able to find my Christmas! trying to type this is not fun.

Tink's Mom 12-14-2012 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by MimiBug123 (Post 5720201)
Bless your heart! I'm right there with you, though! I fell down the doorsteps and broke my wrist, my ankle and my foot! Can't sew, quilt, paint (cook or clean or vacuum) so I am just sort of sitting here waiting for the elves to appear and do all I need to do! Oh well!!!

Feel better, MimiBug....at least you can sit and read the quilt board to your hearts content....

sharon b 12-14-2012 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009 (Post 5720128)
sharonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss ??????????????

dreamer2009 12-14-2012 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b (Post 5720450)
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss ??????????????

mcdaniels had a question..................