Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-2015-chat-opening-day-december-6th-%40-3pm-est-t270492.html)

ibex94 11-15-2015 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by roseirish48 (Post 7377249)
so sorry for your loss although there are no words that can soften the hurt and pain of losing a loved one. This Christmas will be a hard one for us both as i lost my youngest boy in June.The pain never stops; it just scabs over for a short time.

That's awful Roseirish! I am sorry for your loss. I hope the joy he gave the world for the time he was here helps to comfort you. Life is such a gift and it sucks when it is taken away. I have a long list of questions for God when it is my turn because of those that I have lost way, way too soon.

ibex94 11-15-2015 10:57 AM

I can see how this exchange would be more exciting if the person to whom or from whom you're exchanging with would post comments occasionally. It sure has been fun trying to figure out who has who (or is that whom?). Any English profs in the group? If "who" is a direct object, should it be "whom"?

SulaBug 11-15-2015 11:32 AM

RoseIrish..............My Heart Felt sympathies go out to you in this, your time of loss. Take comfort in all of the good memories that he left you with. God Bless You & your family.

JuneBillie 11-15-2015 12:15 PM

Crafty1 I am so sorry for your loss. I have been through it with my mom so I can relate. There are no words, but prayers for you and your family.

My and my husband's packages are due to arrive to our Secret Santa's tomorrow so be on the look out. I will tell you one thing before I forget it. We did not wrap in Christmas paper due to our bags inside each one are so full that there was no more room for paper. They are in priority boxes, but inside each box is two very stuffed bags. :)

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas......
Joy to the world.....
Here comes Santa Claus, Here comes Santa Claus.....

SheriR 11-15-2015 01:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Lstew2212 (Post 7376471)
Nothing like waiting til the last minute, my secret Santa package is on its way south of me. It should arrive by Tuesday. Now to sit and wait. I have been staring at a package for a week. It is a very quite package and quite heavy.

I didn't mean to wait until the last minute but it just took me too long to get her gifts made. My gift is going north! She shouldn't open it because, though I stuffed it with loads of tissue, I didn't wrap anything. Hubby was sick and sleeping in the same room as my wrapping paper. Large priority box from Texas!!!! :D

Here's a sneak peek though. Hope it doesn't give away too much. She's a cat lover. :D

paintmejudy 11-15-2015 01:35 PM

My USPS priority package to Kansas, confirmed delivery on 11/14, but no word it was received by recipient.
No need to say anything but pkg rec'd

quiltingdragon 11-15-2015 01:55 PM

Oh, SheriR, I hope that is coming to ME! (If not, can you please message me pattern and fabric info so I can make myself one?) To my partner, who lives southeast of me, your box should be to you early this week according to the tracker!

SulaBug 11-15-2015 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by SulaBug (Post 7377318)
RoseIrish..............My Heart Felt sympathies go out to you in this, your time of loss. Take comfort in all of the good memories that he left you with. God Bless You & your family.

OPP'S!! :D I meant this message to be for Carfty1. I apologize for the mistake!! My mind just isn't with it sometimes!!
:D :D :D :D

terriamn 11-15-2015 03:26 PM

Crafty1 so sorry for your loss, glad you are there for your Mom

quiltingdragon 11-15-2015 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Crafty1 (Post 7376969)
Hi, I have been told my SS gift arrived at my home. At this time I'm not home so I can't confirm it 😁 Due to the sudden death of my father I have been away from home these last few weeks to help my mom. I did mail my SS gift and saw she had received it. I hope she likes it!

Just read back in the thread and saw this. So sorry for your loss.