Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-2015-chat-opening-day-december-6th-%40-3pm-est-t270492.html)

Birdscraps 11-17-2015 03:18 PM

Jaba - that is just awful! Prayers to you and your family!

JuneBillie 11-17-2015 03:31 PM

Oh Jaba I am so so sorry to hear about your father. Just take care of what you need to do right now, and take care of you. You and your family are in my prayers.

Belfrybat 11-17-2015 03:40 PM

December 6th is fine with me. That is St. Nicholas Day and in many countries is the "official" start of the Christmas season. We used to put our shoes outside the door and receive either goodies or a piece of coal and a switch. I always received goodies. :)

Jaba - sorry to hear your father died. I pray you and your family will be comforted and loved by those around you.

Chester the bunny 11-17-2015 03:56 PM

Just got home from a snowy wet drive to the big city and decided to pop into the post office.
IT WAS THERE!!!! My husband came back to the car with it, pretending to hide it and then he sniffed it which made me roll my eyes. Anyway it's really heavy and I'm really excited and I can't wait to open it and I'm happy.
Thank you my secret Canadian Santa!!

Quiltedhorse 11-17-2015 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by verna2197 (Post 7379114)
December 6th is fine with me
On another note, just went to see if SS had received their package yet and this is what I found, Have never seen this before

"The package is delayed and will not be delivered by the expected delivery date. An updated delivery date will be provided when available. The delivery status for this item had not be updated as of November 17, 2012, 12:38am"

has anyone else ever gotten this message before? I don't remember hearing about any bad weather there so not really sure whats going on. I do know its been awhile since she has posted anything. I hope everything is ok

Yes, I have seen that message. I saw it when a package was put on a wrong truck or plane. They accidentally sent it to Florida, instead of Nebraska. It was about a week late.

Rumbols 11-17-2015 04:44 PM

Dec.6th at 3:00 pm eastern is good for me. I am so excited that when reading back pages, found I forgot to say thanks for SS package in advance of opening. It is on my dresser and I pet it everyday. Just torchering (sp) myself I know. LOL.

Lstew2212 11-17-2015 04:46 PM

I am good with opening Dec. 6th.

Jaba, hugs to you. Sorry about your loss, praying for peace for you and your family.

m-fay 11-17-2015 04:55 PM

Sunday 6 sounds good to me ....better than the 13th! the waiting is killing me.

Originally Posted by tlrnhi (Post 7378884)
Ok, everyone!
For the past few years, we have had opening day the 1st Sunday of December. That would be December 6th this year.
Is that a good day? We usually do opening between 3pm and 6pm EST so that pretty much everyone can participate.
Does that sound good for everyone??

quiltingdragon 11-17-2015 05:01 PM

YES! There was a large priority box from Texas marked Secret Santa on the porch when I got home from work. Heavy, jingles slightly. Safely tucked away till opening day!

quiltingdragon 11-17-2015 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 7379546)
Ladies, I need to make a quick explanation of what's going on here so you will understand my absence of the board for awhile. I came home as soon as I could get here as my Father was admitted to the hospital very ill. He passed away yesterday so right now my life is making arrangements and finalizing details. I hope you all understand.
I think I posted...not sure, I have received and I have sent....just to update

So sorry for your loss, Jaba!