Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-2015-chat-opening-day-december-6th-%40-3pm-est-t270492.html)

huntannette 11-02-2015 05:08 AM

OMG ....wow are you kidding.....thy are out of their minds....I live in Northern Ontario in a small town called Kapuskasing.......I certainly don`t want you to pay that much for it.....

Originally Posted by Quiltedhorse (Post 7363864)
I might consider a trade for fudge, but first I need to check on shipping cost with UPS. I checked with the post office, and they want $62 to ship a box to Canada. The delivery cost may be prohibitive. What city are you in?

Bilben 11-02-2015 07:01 AM

I received my Secret Santa gift last week, thank you! Please forgive me for not posting sooner but my mother was just diagnosed with brain cancer and only has a couple more weeks left so I was waiting to post until I felt a little more Christmassy. I did let Terri know that I had received.

kariboo 11-02-2015 07:39 AM

Bilben, I'm so very sorry to hear about your Mother. Keeping you in our thoughts, sending Hug and prayers..

Quiltedhorse 11-02-2015 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by huntannette (Post 7363908)
OMG ....wow are you kidding.....thy are out of their minds....I live in Northern Ontario in a small town called Kapuskasing.......I certainly don`t want you to pay that much for it.....

UPS wants $43 to ship a small box to Canada. I guess I'll have to pass. That's too bad.

buddy'smom 11-02-2015 09:25 AM

I don't understand why it's so hi but for some reason it is. I had a package I was to send through ebay and had to decline as ship was over 75.00?

Originally Posted by Quiltedhorse (Post 7364184)
UPS wants $43 to ship a small box to Canada. I guess I'll have to pass. That's too bad.

kariboo 11-02-2015 10:15 AM

shipping can be pricey. you have to remember the more weight it is the higher the price is. so don't load up the box with books, or magazines. That will add weight quickly.

huntannette 11-02-2015 10:22 AM

wow didn`t realize it was as costly to mail to Canada as it is to the US.....sheshhh....just wanted to have fun....lol

Originally Posted by Quiltedhorse (Post 7364184)

huntannette 11-02-2015 10:22 AM

Will have to reconsider my offer......aw well!!!

Originally Posted by huntannette (Post 7364247)
wow didn`t realize it was as costly to mail to Canada as it is to the US.....sheshhh....just wanted to have fun....lol

huntannette 11-02-2015 10:27 AM

The idea was not to have someone to pay these outrageous prices in shipping just for a little trade.....I was going to send it to someone anyways so I will put everyone s name (everyone that was interested in the book) in a hat and pick a name....no trade....and will mail it out next week....I won`t tell whom it is....someone will just receive an extra gift!!! It will be a surprise!!!

Originally Posted by huntannette (Post 7363908)

skaduzy 11-02-2015 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by verna2197 (Post 7363821)
Well almost got my package ready, but I ate the candy! Have to go and get some more, Sorry but it was good. have a couple more things that I want to make for you then its all done. Sure hope you enjoy the package that I am putting together for you. this is the first time I have done this swap and I do believe I rather like it. You don't post on here much but you have a couple of times.

Can't wait until it gets here.....haha! ��
I like this swap, too. Love the handmade items and the chocolate.