Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa 2018---chat here (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-2018-chat-here-t299216.html)

ljs317 11-08-2018 06:35 AM

Howdy all!
Package mailed out on Wednesday. Its winging it way north of me. I did my best for her gifts. now I'm just waiting by the mail box to see when mine arrives. Have my big glass of wine and snickerdoodles ready to go.

IrishgalfromNJ 11-08-2018 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by Darcyshannon (Post 8151916)
Does anyone in this group like felting? I have experimented a little a while back and thought it might be fun to make a few small felted items. If so, do you have any recommendations, please PM me with suggestions for needles, wool etc. Or favorie patterns. Thanks.

I'm not a member of the swap, but I wanted to reply to your question. I make wool dryer balls by felting 100% wool balls in the dryer. I use bulky yarn wound into balls, put them in a stocking or knee high to stabilize it and then wash and dry it. I wet it several more times and put it in the dryer to get it completely felted. You can also make smaller felted balls and use them for pin cushions, I just make sure that one side is kind of flat while I'm winding the yarn and felting it so it will sit without rolling around. Have fun.

crafty grammie 11-08-2018 07:17 AM

sENT MY PACKAGE OUT ON tUESDAY-GOING WAY WAY WEST OF ME.

iF YOU COULD PLEASE TAKE A PICTURE -i CAN'T DO THAT. GOT MY OWN sECRET sANTA ALREADY-HAD MY FRIEND HIDE IT FOR ME, AS I WOULD HAVE TO TAKE A PEEK/ PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE I DON"T HAVE!!!!!!

CookyIN 11-08-2018 08:40 AM

One of Santa's elves just delivered my SS package... the return address says from "Santa Paws"... Thank you Secret Santa!

huntannette 11-08-2018 10:59 AM

Well it s on it s way ....will cross my fingers this darn postal strike doesn t cause it to be delayed....will be watching for mine as well....can t wait for opening day...need to find a bottle of red wine !!! lol

Armylady2012 11-08-2018 11:11 AM

I received my SS package today from MRS Claus I think I know who it is from but not for sure since there are some who don’t put their state in their info with their board name and avatar. Now I just have to fight the temptation to opening it.

Darcyshannon 11-08-2018 06:04 PM

My secret Santa package arrived today. I put it away. I have a 90% idea but don’t want to confirm because I do like the surprise part of it. Looking forward to opening day.

roseirish48 11-08-2018 06:59 PM

still waiting to receive my SS box. makes waiting for the postman more exciting. Just keeping busy finishing quilt for DIL Xmas gift and other gift things including the big one i just started (its getting done faster than i thought it would}

Texastam 11-09-2018 05:57 AM

My SS package went out yesterday full of fun stuff. I hope my pal enjoys it all. I forgot to take a picture of stuff inside. ugh. It is going South of me and my person likes the color blue....lol

Texastam 11-09-2018 06:00 AM

Oh, I forgot to say I received a package from an Etsy store it must be from my SS. It is flat and square....I wonder what it could be?