Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa 2020 sign-ups (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-2020-sign-ups-t312183.html)

KathyM 11-12-2020 12:20 PM

I received a Santa box today, could hardly lift it

CarolinePaj 11-13-2020 10:09 AM

Hi Guys,

I haven't checked in for a while.... but I received a big box yesterday with SECRET SANTA written all over it..... DH has hidden it - I told him I was taking part again and asked him to take it when it arrives - just too tempting to leave it where I can see it!!!!!!!!!

But I just want to say to the person that sent it... whoever you are... wow! I cannot believe that you mailed such a heavy box to the UK... you know what I mean (postage). You have been over generous and I don't even know what is inside!!!!!!!

WHEN CAN WE OPEN OUR PACKAGES????????????? I KNOW IT IS IN THE HOUSE AND IT IS DRIVING ME MAD!!!!!! LOL LOL.

Thank you Terri and thank you to my Toy Soldier (that is who DH said it is from).

Hugs

Caroline

CarolinePaj 11-13-2020 10:19 AM

UK Postage Costs

Originally Posted by RJLinkletter (Post 8431355)
I posted mine out on Saturday - I hope the recipient likes what I have put together! I normally enjoy taking part in these and in monthly swaps and am happy to pay the postage from UK to USA. However, I had a nasty shock when I went this time (haven't played for about 6-8 weeks). The postal system has created a new 'world zone' just for the US- no one else is in it and the cost is almost double what I paid previously!! It is cheaper for me to send something to Australia or the outer reaches of Timbuktu than it is anywhere in America.

Unless I can source a cheaper method by one of the private courier companies this may be my last US swap :(

Hi RJL,

I agree... the Royal Mail have had three price hikes this year when we normally only have one... and they have, as you said in your post, created a whole new region just for the USA - unbelievable. But I look at it this way... I love taking part in these swaps, all the fun things in life are now banned in the UK... no cinema, dining out, going our for drinks, meeting friends, going to quilting groups etc. - so partaking of swaps is at the moment the most fun we have.... so I just pay! That said... when chatting to my daughter yesterday, we worked it out that it is cheaper to send a 2KG box of approx 35cm x 20cm x 10cm via DHL that the Royal Mail and it is insured for more and gets there in 2 - 3 days not two weeks... something you might look in to so you can still take part.

Hugs

Caroline

Terri, keep the swaps coming.... I love them!

CarolinePaj 11-13-2020 10:21 AM

I am a material girl. Wanna see my fabric collection?
Kathy

Yes I do... !!!!!!!!

hugs

Caroline

tlrnhi 11-13-2020 07:20 PM

What do you think about December 6th as opening day?
Just need to figure a time that is good for everyone.

nattoddboyd 11-13-2020 09:38 PM

So excited, I received my Secret Santa parcel. Looking forward to opening day.

m-fay 11-13-2020 11:55 PM

I'm happy with whatever you decide.

Rumbols 11-14-2020 08:33 AM

December 6th is fine with me. Still waiting for my SS box. So exciting!!!

Leota 11-14-2020 10:48 AM

Mrs Elf,
I got a package from you today.....
I'm being good and not shaking it... Even kitty boy made sure it was in good order :)

CookyIN 11-14-2020 12:51 PM

Dec. 6th sounds good!