Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa Sign-ups 2016 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-sign-ups-2016-a-t282172.html)

vovoa 10-28-2016 05:46 PM

Prayers to you Laquita!

GramE 10-28-2016 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by LAQUITA (Post 7687450)
I'm having a party.....a pity party and your all invited,....to help cheer me up. I found out this week that I will have to have reconstructive foot surgery on Monday Nov 14th. I will then be NON weight bearing for 6-8 weeks!!!!!! Then on a boot / cast for 6-8 weeks after that! so glad I enjoy handwork huh???

What's bad, is I had this same surgery in Feb of this year, but after 9 months the bones have only fused 25%! So this time, I have to have 3 bigger screws put in, he will then draw bone marrow from my hip and make a 'joint compound' (if you will) and put it between the joints to help them fuse. Please join me in prayer that this time it will fuse together as it's supposed to. Thank you.

Oh, wow. Any kind of foot surgery is difficult, but the same surgery twice? I hear ya. I only allow myself one pity party a month. I sometimes have used it up before the first week is up. But I feel your pain and I will pray for wisdom for the surgeon and grace and peace for you and your family. And handwork is a blessing when you are confined!

verna2197 10-28-2016 06:15 PM

SS I so do adore Victorian Christmas Decorations, my tree is victorian and my christmas village is too

lovngrandma 10-28-2016 06:22 PM

Seeking to get a ss as i thought i did, hope its not to late, ive got blocks to mail next week, but got to looking for name n likes dislikes n could not find, if im in time can i jump in, if im in, i need my partners info please, msg me , thank u so much

dreamer2009 10-28-2016 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by lovngrandma (Post 7687482)
Seeking to get a ss as i thought i did, hope its not to late, ive got blocks to mail next week, but got to looking for name n likes dislikes n could not find, if im in time can i jump in, if im in, i need my partners info please, msg me , thank u so much

lovngrandma message tlrnhi

sewingsuz 10-28-2016 07:26 PM

I will be keeping you in my prayers. I wish you well on your surgery .

Originally Posted by LAQUITA (Post 7687450)
I'm having a party.....a pity party and your all invited,....to help cheer me up. I found out this week that I will have to have reconstructive foot surgery on Monday Nov 14th. I will then be NON weight bearing for 6-8 weeks!!!!!! Then on a boot / cast for 6-8 weeks after that! so glad I enjoy handwork huh???

What's bad, is I had this same surgery in Feb of this year, but after 9 months the bones have only fused 25%! So this time, I have to have 3 bigger screws put in, he will then draw bone marrow from my hip and make a 'joint compound' (if you will) and put it between the joints to help them fuse. Please join me in prayer that this time it will fuse together as it's supposed to. Thank you.

roseirish48 10-28-2016 07:38 PM

i am almost ready to mail out this box. am waiting or one item to arrive and need to pick up some snacks to fill in the empty spots. then get everything wrapped and out the door. I am alos in the ornament swap so working on that as well. also in secret santa on another board but havent received my name for that one yet and hopingthis one is mailed off by then so i dont get things mixed up.
been also taking care of health issues--lost another 3 lbs since My and my A1c is down to 6.1-- i must be doing something right.

happynana 10-28-2016 08:11 PM

Oh Laquita, that sounds awful! You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you recover. May this one work like it is supposed to. Roseirish, that is great! I am also diabetic, so I know how tough it can be to get that A1C down. Keep up the good work.

marietta 10-28-2016 10:12 PM

LAQUITA prayers for a speedy and complete recovery.
roseirish48, good for you !!

immemother 10-28-2016 10:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My box is ready to send...kind of