Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

madamekelly 10-25-2014 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6943026)
A lot of what I make has no instructions and just 'evolves' into the finished product. :D

Me too. Start an idea, end with a gift.

PeginCO 10-25-2014 02:02 PM

Woooow!!!! I can't believe all of the beautiful gifts and incredible talent here! I would be happy with ANY of these treasures!

roseirish48 10-25-2014 02:15 PM

mail man has been bringing packages all week. unfortunately they are all addressed to the kid as her birthday is tomorrow. still waiting on my ss box to arrive so i can enjoy shaking,rattling and rolling it between my grubby litle paws trying to guess at what is inside. oh, well, guess cabana boy will need to refill my drink

juneayerza 10-25-2014 02:53 PM

All the handmade gifts are so cute! Unfortunately, my handmade will not get done. I haven’t been here in several days because I’ve pretty much been asleep most of the time from all the drugs they have been giving me. I want to thank everyone for their well wishes regarding my eye and wish the best to others who are having their own problems right now.

It is still way too early to know what is going to happen with the eye. I’m seeing the doctor everyday and his main recommendation right now is to stay as quiet as I can and give the swelling time to go down. The good news is now I can see light and some movement.

I will check back here as often as I can. My SS package is complete and a friend is going to come over this week and help me pack it up and get it in the mail.

I feel so lucky to be part of this board!

Neesie 10-25-2014 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by juneayerza (Post 6943220)
All the handmade gifts are so cute! Unfortunately, my handmade will not get done. I haven’t been here in several days because I’ve pretty much been asleep most of the time from all the drugs they have been giving me. I want to thank everyone for their well wishes regarding my eye and wish the best to others who are having their own problems right now.

It is still way too early to know what is going to happen with the eye. I’m seeing the doctor everyday and his main recommendation right now is to stay as quiet as I can and give the swelling time to go down. The good news is now I can see light and some movement.

I will check back here as often as I can. My SS package is complete and a friend is going to come over this week and help me pack it up and get it in the mail.

{{{{{{{{ June }}}}}}} I'm sure your Secret Santee will be more than happy, with whatever is in her gift box. You just take care of yourself and rest. If you're able to stumble down to the Hole, we'll find you a nice lounge chair in the corner, where it's peaceful and quiet. Since you're taking pain meds, we can fix you a nice pot of hot tea or cocoa. Feel better!

CookyIN 10-25-2014 03:31 PM

June, sometimes staying still and quiet is the hardest thing to do, isn't it? Just picture yourself down in the hole amongst your quilty friends, taking it easy like the doctor ordered. Neesie's right -- there's no pressure to include a handmade gift in your SS package, so don't fret.

nattoddboyd 10-25-2014 04:36 PM

Your sneak peeks all look awesome. I have been busy shopping and putting together some lovely gifts for my person and making a few things also. Hoping in post next week as im posting from Australia

VickiM 10-25-2014 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6943026)
A lot of what I make has no instructions and just 'evolves' into the finished product. :D

Likewise...I just make things & enjoy making things for special people...my giftee is a special person & is getting lots of special things I've made...hope she likes!:)

ShelleyCS 10-25-2014 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by madamekelly (Post 6943079)
Currently having a Pacific Northwest storm surge. Translation: wind, rain, trees down, power outages expected. Scared.

I hope all went well, madamekelley!

ShelleyCS 10-25-2014 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by juneayerza (Post 6943220)

glad to hear that things are going well, June!