Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

Neesie 11-13-2014 10:02 PM

30 degrees here and supposed to keep going down to about 23 degrees. KAT, I'm gonna need MY new socks, so do NOT put them onto your feet!!! :shock:

Did I remember to put the jingle bells into my Secret Santa-ee's package? Hmmmmmmmmm. ;)

CookyIN 11-13-2014 11:54 PM

Neesie, your Biscotti sounds great. Believe it or not, I've never had it so making yours sounds like a good January treat with my hot drinks.

And Cindy, your Chocolate Brownie Cookies are definitely on my to-do list too. Love my sweets!

Went to Aldi yesterday and picked up a couple of their German-made Christmas goodies. My favorite -- yes, I've already sampled -- is the Dark Chocolate Marzipan Stollen Bites. Like a double-thick cookie wrapped in dark chocolate. If anyone else goes to Aldi, please let me know if yours has Eisweinn (ice wine). Ours had it a couple years ago and hasn't had it since. It is without a doubt the best wine I ever tasted. It's made from the end-of-season grapes that have frozen on the vine, so it's always a limited amount that is produced. Sure wish they'd have it again!

SulaBug 11-14-2014 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by CookyIN (Post 6968020)
Neesie, your Biscotti sounds great. Believe it or not, I've never had it so making yours sounds like a good January treat with my hot drinks.

And Cindy, your Chocolate Brownie Cookies are definitely on my to-do list too. Love my sweets!

Went to Aldi yesterday and picked up a couple of their German-made Christmas goodies. My favorite -- yes, I've already sampled -- is the Dark Chocolate Marzipan Stollen Bites. Like a double-thick cookie wrapped in dark chocolate. If anyone else goes to Aldi, please let me know if yours has Eisweinn (ice wine). Ours had it a couple years ago and hasn't had it since. It is without a doubt the best wine I ever tasted. It's made from the end-of-season grapes that have frozen on the vine, so it's always a limited amount that is produced. Sure wish they'd have it again!

Cookie................those German made Chocolate goodies sound very intriguing & yummy too!! :D How could you tease us with these wonderful treats? I am sure that we all are going to want some now!!
:D :D :D :D

CookyIN 11-14-2014 12:51 AM

SulaBug, it's so much fun to go in there at Christmas! Aldi is a German company, and they import all kinds of wonderful things at Christmas. Here's a link to a page with both their Christmas catalog and Christmas recipes: http://weeklyads.aldi.us/Aldi/Entry/...toreid=2623444

dharen7 11-14-2014 12:53 AM

Love Ice Wine very expensive at some places. Last year at Christmas our oldest daughter got us a gift certificate to make our own wine at the Grape and Grannery We did the ice wine had 26 bottles of Mango ice wine can only drink a little at a time.

ckcowl 11-14-2014 03:05 AM

I see my ( recipient) received her gift this week, Yea! So glad I don't have to worry about it being lost somewhere, now to wait for a delivery.... Such fun!

Bullock2us 11-14-2014 03:08 AM

Received my package yesterday! It is really heavy hmmmmmmmmmm. Gotta hide it- gotta hide it! And not just from myself but also my 9yr. old. Does it count on Santa's naughty list if my granddaughter "accidentally" rips it open?

m-fay 11-14-2014 03:31 AM

Thank you thank you thank you to someone who lives in the northern hemisphere. Your package arrived today in excellent condition, so I cant be tempted to peek though a hole~ I will post on opening day. and Neesie thanks about the butter...I'm going to try making some now.

seaside quilter 11-14-2014 04:58 AM

I'm not in the SS fun (I'll calendar it for next year), but I'd love it if you would post pictures of what was in your boxes.

btiny36 11-14-2014 05:46 AM

Well my SS package earned their wings and are flying to their destination as we speak...whooo hoooo it was fun as this year I was able to make 4 homemade gifts along with several bought gifts. The box isn't huge but it's packed with a lot of goodies. Are we posting pics of what we sent to our SS partners?