Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

mmac71 11-18-2014 06:46 PM

PenniF: Your SS is a lucky person...All the goodies are super great! My eyes went directly to that lovely teacup and saucer. Seeing this is my first SS swap (first swap ever), I am learning a lot by reading this thread. I will do better next year. Oh..no package yet but we did get snow 2 days ago and WINDY, last night got down to 16 degrees. Broke some very old records. Sunshine today!

Cattut 11-18-2014 06:58 PM

PenniF was thinking cookies but was wanting chocolate but really fudge and this is realllllllly easy!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge

Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge

Ingredients

1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup peanut butter
Instructions

Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat and add milk and vanilla.
Sift sugar, cocoa and salt together.
Gradually add sugar mixture to milk mixture stirring until blended.
Stir in peanut butter. I try to leave a few streaks of peanut butter showing but you can stir it completely in if you want.
Press mixture into buttered 8-inch square pan. I line my pan with parchment for easy removal.
Cover and chill. Cut into squares. Keep refrigerated.

Notes

This is a soft fudge, I slightly freeze my fudge for easier cutting then store in the fridge.

Enjoy everyone!

PenniF 11-18-2014 07:06 PM

Another GREAT recipe for the file.....you cannot possibly go wrong when chocolate and peanut butter are involved together. Thank you Cattut !!

Thanks for all the kind words about the SS gift photo.....you are all very sweet. I take the compliments very much to heart, as i know what a creative bunch you all are. Back to the DSM for me....trying to get my next project finished tonight.

SulaBug 11-18-2014 08:55 PM

OMGoodness............My Secret Santa package is sitting in my sewing room & it is teasing me every time I look at it!! How soon can opening day get here? Not soon enough for me, I will continue to be a Good Girl!! I promise!!
:D :D :D :D

BrendaK 11-18-2014 10:35 PM

PenniF Your lady is one lucky gal. There is good and bad. The bad is I have not received anything yet but there is still time. The good thing is I don't have to keep myself in check yet. I also thought that the things I sent were fine until I saw the things you all sent. Hope my partner likes what I did send her. Already thinking about what to send next year. I have to climb out of the hole as I believe that I am getting my DH's cold (he loves to share) and I don't want to make anyone else sick. But save my seat I will be back. Prayers to all who are having health problems. Take care all and stay healthy. BrendaK

sewbizgirl 11-19-2014 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by BrendaK (Post 6975094)
I have to climb out of the hole as I believe that I am getting my DH's cold (he loves to share) and I don't want to make anyone else sick. But save my seat I will be back. Prayers to all who are having health problems. Take care all and stay healthy. BrendaK

Sorry you aren't feeling up to snuff, BrendaK. When I feel a cold coming on I start eating lots of dark green leafy veggies (turnip greens cooked in chicken broth). They 'beef up' your B vitamins and boost your immunities and chase the cold away! And no sugar! Sugar weakens the body's immune system. Feel better soon!

jclinganrey 11-19-2014 05:45 AM

I received my SS package! So excited! Thanks in advance - -

Jane

ArizonaKAT 11-19-2014 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by ShelleyCS (Post 6974730)
*sniff sniff* can I get out now? Pleeeeze?

Why would you want out of the hole?

ArizonaKAT 11-19-2014 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by ShelleyCS (Post 6974798)
lovely! Thank you so much!

See, the hole is a good place.

ArizonaKAT 11-19-2014 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 6974805)

I agree, there are SS people who are not following the thread, so they will open when they want to.

Can't wait to see all the rest of the packages after the reveal day!

Next year I am NOT following the thread.