Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

sustraley 08-31-2014 05:48 AM

I have been missing in action from here for several months. Am not able to participate in the swaps like I used to. My husband has not worked since March 17. He had some strokes and a hole in his heart. He is only 56. So with no income from him, I had to scale back a bit. It has been rough at times. But I am truly blessed in many ways. I have my 1/2 year old grandson and another one due any day now. I got rid of most of my "stuff" I had collected for monthly swaps. But held on to some things so I could participate in this Santa swap. So excited to do this. Can't wait to sign up. Thanks for making my day.

TOOMANYUFO'S 08-31-2014 05:53 AM

I'm ready again this yr. I was just looking to see if the sign up had been posted. Hope i don't miss it. Tlrnhi could you let us know the dated you will be posting the sigh up? I think you should join in the fun! You shouldn't do just the work. On the secret pal monthly swap, the host plays too.

sewbizgirl 08-31-2014 06:15 AM

So sorry to hear of your husband's troubles, Sustraley... hope things get better for you. Glad you are able to do the Santa swap.

btiny36 08-31-2014 06:21 AM

Well Ive participated from the start, but was on the fence this year.....but oh hum I seen the post and Well of course I'll have to sign up :)

tlrnhi 08-31-2014 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S (Post 6867421)
I'm ready again this yr. I was just looking to see if the sign up had been posted. Hope i don't miss it. Tlrnhi could you let us know the dated you will be posting the sigh up? I think you should join in the fun! You shouldn't do just the work. On the secret pal monthly swap, the host plays too.

I have fun with everyone enjoying themselves. I will, however, step in if someone has to step down from participating, so I do "play" too at times.

Mariposa 08-31-2014 11:11 AM

*I think I'll join in again this year too! :)

KGoodhand 08-31-2014 07:07 PM

Woohoo I am so glad I saw this thread! Now I will remember to watch for the signups! I have participated for the past four years and have had a blast each time! Already getting excited about I may be sending my parcel(s) this time!!!!!

areinn 08-31-2014 10:48 PM

I plan on joining in this year. Sounds like a lot of fun :thumbup:

PeginCO 09-01-2014 05:42 AM

I've backed off swaps (ahem....tried to) because of busy kids, but this sounds like one I should consider! I'd be a first-timer, but I will check the old thread. I do love to sew for others. About when do you send your package? Thanks!

tlrnhi 09-01-2014 05:46 AM

Don't be afraid to join. This is alot of fun, honest! Just ask the "oldies", they'll tell you!
Packages are usually sent out a few weeks before "Reveal Day", which is a day that is determined by the players. It's usually a Sunday afternoon in December. The time is usually a time where everyone can be online and either go to chatroom and chat or just chat on the thread.

Originally Posted by PeginCO (Post 6869127)
I've backed off swaps (ahem....tried to) because of busy kids, but this sounds like one I should consider! I'd be a first-timer, but I will check the old thread. I do love to sew for others. About when do you send your package? Thanks!