Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa Time!!!---MORE IMPORTANT INFO ADDED ON PAGE ONE.... REVEAL CHAT IS DECEMBER 12 @ 7PM EST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-time-more-important-info-added-page-one-reveal-chat-december-12-%40-7pm-est-t66738.html)

tlrnhi 11-29-2010 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by KGoodhand
YEAH!!!! I just got back from the post office with my Secret Santa gift!!!!
For those that are still waiting - I looked at the date my gift was mailed out and was shocked!!!! It was mailed on Nov. 8th! 21 days to get to me!! Unbelievable!
But I wanted to say thank you in advance to my SS and also a big thank you to Terri for putting up with all of us and doing such a great job with this swap!!!!

WOOHOO!!! I'm glad it finally got there. I know your person was getting antsy as to it arriving. Now she can rest easy.

maine ladybug 11-29-2010 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
Nothing yet! I'm not giving up hope!

No, don't give up hope. There's still time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

tlrnhi 11-29-2010 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
Nothing yet! I'm not giving up hope!

Don't give up hope. I know for a fact that it's on it's way. Little elf told me that it should be there by the end of the week.

cbridges22 11-29-2010 04:42 PM

I can't remember if I posted that I received my SS gift so I am saying now.I did let Terri know.Anyway,thank you SS,I can't wait to open it but I will.

quilt addict 11-29-2010 04:53 PM

I just wanted to let my Secret Santa know that I will not be able to make the reveal on line. My church group is going to watch the parade of lights on the bay. It is lots of fun as people decorate their boats and parade them along the bay. But I will open my package when i get home from that. Unless I can't wait anymore and open early.....

Hattie 11-29-2010 05:33 PM

To my Secret Santa, I will also not be able to open my gift during the swap. I will be in South Carolina, but I will certainly send a thank you after I have opened it and when I return. Thank you again!!I know I will love it.

littleone 11-29-2010 05:44 PM

Oh my gosh, guess what I found in my mailbox, a big red envelope from a SS. What a surprise, I already received my SS box and it's sitting on the sideboard in the dinning room. This new red one is going right beside the box. :-P
Oh wait a minute, it doesn't say not to open, maybeeee.....
Thank you SS from Leander TX.

tolepainter54 11-29-2010 05:55 PM

Thank you for your follow up.

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
For those that haven't received a package yet, please do not fret.
I'm doing everything I can to find out if the package has been sent.
I've had a few people who are just sending today due to illnesses in the family or themselves.
I DO understand the disheartedness, HONEST, I do!
I have been getting VERY upset with those that have failed to send on time because they had life's issues get in the way, but some also knew about these issues beforehand. I have a standard PM that I send to those that have told me they are just now sending that states my displeasure to this.
I'm not sure if I will be doing Secret Santa again next year or not.
Don't get me wrong...I LOVE doing this, but when people cannot follow simple instructions, it's just not fun.

I do want to thank everyone in advance for all the goodies that have been sent to me. I did get another squishy envelope while I was gone. Neighbor told me that it was talking to her when she took it out of the mailbox. lol
I think I'm going to be opening packages for a good long time. Sure hope that there is no frogs with thongs on in any of them. hehe

tlrnhi 11-29-2010 06:41 PM

Ok, my packages are starting to talk to me. A few have even changed locations. I went in there and one box was NOT where I put it. It had completely moved to the other side of the room. I told Courtney that I had to open that one in case it tripped on something in my room and hurt itself. Don't want that to happen. She says I cannot open any of them until the 12th. I explained to her that I AM NOT in this with someone to send to, I am just the hostess. She said it didn't matter......she's mean!!!

Short an Sweet 11-29-2010 06:48 PM

not mean, just FIRM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Ok, my packages are starting to talk to me. A few have even changed locations. I went in there and one box was NOT where I put it. It had completely moved to the other side of the room. I told Courtney that I had to open that one in case it tripped on something in my room and hurt itself. Don't want that to happen. She says I cannot open any of them until the 12th. I explained to her that I AM NOT in this with someone to send to, I am just the hostess. She said it didn't matter......she's mean!!!