Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   September 2011 Doll Quilt Swap (Optional Theme) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/september-2011-doll-quilt-swap-optional-theme-t146847.html)

Krystyna 09-19-2011 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by AngieS
Here she is. ;) (My living room is blue...so it's on my coffee table)

What a beauty! Lucky you!

Muv 09-19-2011 12:23 PM

Thank you everyone for all the lovely things you've said about my quilt. Today was the day I needed to hear it. I've been making a doll quilt today. It looked great until I quilted it. Now it's a complete dog's dinner. It's got the all over crinkly effect, like the elasticated bathing costume I had when I was six. I'm going to have to keep this one and put it on the sewing room wall as a reminder of how not to do it.

I've been watching for all the quilts as they are posted, and again I'm putting in a plea for a doll quilts gallery. So many different ideas! Not just for black and white, but ribbon work, birds and pears...

Krystyna 09-19-2011 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Muv
Thank you everyone for all the lovely things you've said about my quilt. Today was the day I needed to hear it. I've been making a doll quilt today. It looked great until I quilted it. Now it's a complete dog's dinner. It's got the all over crinkly effect, like the elasticated bathing costume I had when I was six. I'm going to have to keep this one and put it on the sewing room wall as a reminder of how not to do it.

I've been watching for all the quilts as they are posted, and again I'm putting in a plea for a doll quilts gallery. So many different ideas! Not just for black and white, but ribbon work, birds and pears...

Dog's dinner? Impossible!
But why not go with the look? Keep laying on layers of crinkles and maybe couch some scraps in there for good measure! When a quilt starts to fight you, fight back! You'll win in the end!

Ms Grace 09-19-2011 12:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's the precious quilt that I got from QuiltnCowgirl
last week. The colors are great. She also sent bird fabric, a tape measure and mug rug.
Thanks so much Sheryl, I do love it! Sorry it's taken me a while to post the picture. Life got in the way.
Thanks for being such a great partner this month. :-)

Love the birds
[ATTACH=CONFIG]259321[/ATTACH]

QuiltnCowgirl 09-19-2011 01:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Ms Grace
Here's the precious quilt that I got from QuiltnCowgirl
last week. The colors are great. She also sent bird fabric, a tape measure and mug rug.
Thanks so much Sheryl, I do love it! Sorry it's taken me a while to post the picture. Life got in the way.
Thanks for being such a great partner this month. :-)

Thank you, Jean! I am so glad that you like it. I stalked you :shock: all over the QB to get ideas of what you like. Saw your farmhouse kitchen table, favorite colors you put in your profile, and some comments along the way that seemed you were anti-bright colors. :D So, this is what I came up with and I think I did ok from the sounds of it.

Here's a picture of the "mug rugs" (though the size of a traditional "coaster" ) I made for Jean & also my August DQ partner, to match their doll quilts.

Linny 09-19-2011 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by AngieS
Here she is. ;) (My living room is blue...so it's on my coffee table)

Cute quilt from Chele and I love the backing fabric with all the little characters,

Linny 09-19-2011 02:00 PM

Sweet quilt from QuiltnCowgirl.....like the mug rugs too!

SewExtremeSeams 09-19-2011 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna

Originally Posted by shnnn

Foo. I had to put away my microscope. No doll quilt in the mailbox today. Maybe tomorrow.

I don't think it's possible for the P.O. to move that fast yet! It's still in the envelope on my diningroom table!

Oh. :(

And mine is in my purse having just returned from a shopping trip with me to JoAnn's. :?:

Krystyna 09-19-2011 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme

Originally Posted by shnnn

Foo. I had to put away my microscope. No doll quilt in the mailbox today. Maybe tomorrow.

I don't think it's possible for the P.O. to move that fast yet! It's still in the envelope on my diningroom table!

Oh. :(

And mine is in my purse having just returned from a shopping trip with me to JoAnn's. :?:

I hope you had a coupon! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

oksewglad 09-19-2011 02:23 PM

4 Attachment(s)
The pops keep popping in and guess what? One popped into my mailbox today. NanaKathy55 blessed me with this little beauty. The colors are very soft looking. Note the color of my great room walls. Almost a match.

NanaKathy55's a great swapper. Thanks Georgia friend.

Hope this didn't blend into my wall color
[ATTACH=CONFIG]259377[/ATTACH]

Some of the beautiful, striking stitching
[ATTACH=CONFIG]259378[/ATTACH]

The pretty backing fabric-perfect to use with a springtime table arrangement
[ATTACH=CONFIG]259379[/ATTACH]