Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   September 2011 Doll Quilt Swap (Optional Theme) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/september-2011-doll-quilt-swap-optional-theme-t146847.html)

AKDaffyodil 09-22-2011 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
I am sooooo remiss. I received an adorable doll quilt from my swap partner, Maggie_1963. I will try to post a picture soon!

I will try hard to get her quilt in the mail as soon as possible. The doll quilt, along with finishing the row for a row robin, will be the last quilt I make for a LONG time. I will be selling/giving away most of my fabric that I have lovingly collected over the last twenty years, along with most of my possessions. (NOT any of the lovely quilts I have received in previous doll swaps, though, I promise.) Unfortunately, life has a way of really throwing us curveballs!

Misty, sure hope every thing is ok!

Linny 09-22-2011 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
Glad you do have patience. I have two of them done now and still trying to decide which one to send you. They are both the same pattern, just different feel in each of them.

Good news though, I received mine last night. It is so nice. My girls love it already. What fun it is. I think I may hang this at the office for a little bit to enjoy.

Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
I am in the process of making my partner's dq and I may not want to give it to her, I have not made this block before and I truly like it. I just may make one for myself.

I have patience...if you want to keep the first one, I guess I can wait a little bit.... :roll:

tee hee hee

Love the butterfly, buttons, colors.......all of it!

Linny 09-22-2011 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana
This little gem from Hobbykat was waiting for me tonight-My own little cabin in the woods complete with wildllife!
Story is that while I live near the beach I would much prefer to be in the woods!
She also sent me several cuts from her new "Go" machine ready to applique - and yes, dragonflies were among the assortment. :-D
Thanks HobbyKat. So glad we were partnered.

Just love everything about your quilt.....cabin is so cute, and the birch trees are awesome.

jigs1354 09-22-2011 07:07 AM

Beautiful pattern and work of art.
Love it. jigs1354

oksewglad 09-22-2011 08:21 AM

Oh you guys are all so creative! Great job.

Krystyna 09-22-2011 09:51 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Received the most gorgeous and inventive doll quilt from Shannon today. I just love it! Thank you so much. Look at the wonderful quilting she did!

ljdugas31 09-22-2011 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by jljack
I mailed ljdugas her little quilt yesterday....can't wait for her to get it. Only hint is that it's in the same colors she used for the quilt she sent me. Black/White/Hot Pink. I love how it came out...hope she does too!!

OMG i just love it, thank you so much the pattern is wonderful!! I hope you can post a picture i am not able to,but i can get my sister to for me.

jljack 09-22-2011 10:43 AM

2 Attachment(s)
OK. Here is the DQ I sent to ljdugas...so glad she likes it. And notice that it's the same colors as the one she sent me. Too funny!! :-)

jljack 09-22-2011 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
Received the most gorgeous and inventive doll quilt from Shannon today. I just love it! Thank you so much. Look at the wonderful quilting she did!

Krystyna that quilt is really really cool!! The colors are great!

Krystyna 09-22-2011 10:54 AM

Janice, love yours, too!