Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   September fq (fat quarter) swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/september-fq-fat-quarter-swap-t230017.html)

KatsKidinWI 09-18-2013 08:36 AM

I got a side swap but am staying in to wait for Brenda also.

kiffie2413 09-18-2013 11:14 AM

Hiya Brat, I asked Yo about a side swap because it was such a fast sign up this time I missed out, and so did she. I would never "abandon" "our" Brenda! Nor you with your swaps! So just remember you're stuck with me! Bwahahahaaaaa!!!
Kif

kiffie2413 09-18-2013 11:21 AM

MSCupid,
I agree we all have our own decisions to make, I posted once about tossing scraps that I had tried to donate, give away, etc. I got ripped by some..and much support by others. Brat hosts swaps, and I know where she's coming from, too. I think we're all a great bunch of gals!!!
Take care all,
Kif

sunrise450 09-18-2013 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by sunrise450 (Post 6300869)
I also am open to a side swap. I have to check first to make sure I bought enough to do another swap. I am doing both Halloween and mixed.
Well I went downstairs to my sewing room and I only bought enough Halloween fabric to do one swap but plenty of purple, black and orange. sooo, I am able to do one side swap. Anyone interested? PM me!
Phyllis
sunrise450

I live close to fabric stores and if needed I can buy enough Halloween to do another side swap.

Just went to fabric shop, got some really cute Halloween fabric. So what I am trying to say is that does anyone want to side swap with me! I can do two, one halloween and one purple/orange/black.
I'm cutting and getting FQ's ready tonight, then I will be ready when Brenda sends us names and also if someone want to side swap.
I hope Brenda is okay.

kiffie2413 09-18-2013 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by sunrise450 (Post 6301484)
Just went to fabric shop, got some really cute Halloween fabric. So what I am trying to say is that does anyone want to side swap with me! I can do two, one halloween and one purple/orange/black.
I'm cutting and getting FQ's ready tonight, then I will be ready when Brenda sends us names and also if someone want to side swap.
I hope Brenda is okay.

I am always up for a side swap..if someone hasn't already taken you up, pm me.. My lil granddaughter calls my fabric room "Grammy's Fabric Shop"...out of the mouth of babes...lol
K

Elisabrat 09-18-2013 05:13 PM

Thanks Kif. I wasn't picking on anyone btw. Do what you want. I was just asking the group as a whole to consider giving Brenda a bit more time. I think if you post here you can expect opinions. We are a diverse group with different thoughts, opinions and ways of doing things. I know this. I just asked for time for Brenda period. She has run this swap I hear for three years or close to it. This is highly unusual. There surely is a reason and for that I myself will be patient. I can swap or not swap one month wont be the end of the world for me (lucky me!). So if I ruffled feathers it was not my intent and therefore I apologize for any hurt feelings in my post. That is the last word on this from me I hope it is from everyone else too. sheesh.

tubsfam 09-18-2013 05:26 PM

oh no................................ I had death in the family and missed the sign up. Hope I don't miss next month.

Aprilisslowlylearnlytoquilt 09-18-2013 06:08 PM

I agree, something has come up....soo I will wait and if we don't swap this month it's ok... we will swap next month, Brenda is wonderful and I so appreciate her, like I do all you great ladies who I have swapped with....

maggy 09-18-2013 06:18 PM

Has anyone heard from Brenda? Hope she is OK

kiffie2413 09-18-2013 11:06 PM

abrat;6301871]Thanks Kif. I wasn't picking on anyone btw. Do what you want. I was just asking the group as a whole to consider giving Brenda a bit more time. I think if you post here you can expect opinions. We are a diverse group with different thoughts, opinions and ways of doing things. I know this. I just asked for time for Brenda period. She has run this swap I hear for three years or close to it. This is highly unusual. There surely is a reason and for that I myself will be patient. I can swap or not swap one month wont be the end of the world for me (lucky me!). So if I ruffled feathers it was not my intent and therefore I apologize for any hurt feelings in my post. That is the last word on this from me I hope it is from everyone else too. sheesh.[/QUOTE]

No explanation needed for me, Brat... I can only imagine how it is hosting a swap for a bunch of mostly gals...Yikes!!
Please don't harrass me anyone for stating the obvious..sometimes when you get a whole group of us ladies together it can be um, well, fun..yep, that's the word I am looking for, fun...:p And, agreed, we are all going to have opinions..we all know the saying about THAT..
Last words from me on this, too...or is it famous last words??..

Now Brenda, if you have run off to a lush wonderful paradise just pm one of us so we will know you're OK, okay??..And we really won't think and say bad things about you lounging and taking it easy..;). I really hope you ARE on a vacay somewhere and all is OK!