Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up July 2013 47th Doll Quilt Swap - Self Portrait and/or Where I Live (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-july-2013-47th-doll-quilt-swap-self-portrait-where-i-live-t223865.html)

BuzzinBumble 07-03-2013 06:19 PM

Oofdah! Oh my. Leave it to you to find a picture of me back in my youth Krystyna.... I wish!
I know you all must be in shock over Krystyna retiring as hostess, so I just told Cogito that my best plan now is to lay low for a bit while everyone gets their grumbles out.
In the meantime... Krystyna, please write a book on Hostessing and send me the first copy!

Krystyna 07-03-2013 06:20 PM

Yep. And who knows what she'll pick as a theme for August! I can't wait!

Here's my advice, dearest BuzzinBumble - keeping pooping out the honey into lots of wonderful hexies - and use your stinger rarely, but when you have to to keep out the honey thieves.

Cogito 07-03-2013 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 6158309)
Yep. And who knows what she'll pick as a theme for August! I can't wait!

Here's my advice, dearest BuzzinBumble - keeping pooping out the honey into lots of wonderful hexies - and use your stinger rarely, but when you have to to keep out the honey thieves.

:D:D:D THAT'S what I'm talkin bout! Lol, You rock K!
Oh...and Good advice! But poor Lara.....pooping honey? Yuck!

Krystyna 07-03-2013 07:08 PM

Well that's what bees do. They don't have a bear shaped squeeze bottle ... so ...

Cogito 07-03-2013 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 6158385)
Well that's what bees do. They don't have a bear shaped squeeze bottle ... so ...

Bees don't poo their honey.....they spit it out their probiscus from their special honey tummy. You know.....I have a rumbly in my tumbly! ;)

Lynnie25 07-03-2013 08:46 PM

Woohoo BuzzinBumble, congratulations !!!!!

Bees poop honey - my brother-in-law has beehives, I should go check them out and watch the bee pooping in real time. Don't you just love it when Discovery Channel meets Quilters - who knows what you find out about (on a needs to know or not needs to know basis)

Cogito 07-04-2013 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by Lynnie25 (Post 6158453)
Woohoo BuzzinBumble, congratulations !!!!!

Bees poop honey - my brother-in-law has beehives, I should go check them out and watch the bee pooping in real time. Don't you just love it when Discovery Channel meets Quilters - who knows what you find out about (on a needs to know or not needs to know basis)

But Lynnie.....google it and it says different....OK, we need a consensus here.....who votes poo and who votes spit up? LOL!

Elisabrat 07-04-2013 03:53 AM

uh spit? egad and I Love honey!

I am wondering are more of you doing self portraits or where I live? I am thinking where I live as well.. unless my self portrait was like an I spy these are the things I love...

Happy 4th of July Everyone!

Vanogay 07-04-2013 04:17 AM

Just wondering if down in the land of down under if the bees do all things upside down - or is that China where everything is upside down? ;)

Krystyna 07-04-2013 04:24 AM

I was planning on a combination of self-portrait and where I live. And I'll probably get to keep it since my partner is injured. Oh well.