Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up July 2013 47th Doll Quilt Swap - Self Portrait and/or Where I Live (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-july-2013-47th-doll-quilt-swap-self-portrait-where-i-live-t223865.html)

Krystyna 07-08-2013 02:49 PM

Kathleen, I can't wait to see it!!!

luvstoquilt 07-08-2013 03:04 PM

I started hand quilting mine today...then just bind and label and off to the post office. I am really pleased with it and hope my partner likes it as well.

BertieD 07-08-2013 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by buslady (Post 6160760)
Nice to see you posting, BertiD! I want to get started on my DQ this weekend. I have some ideas, do you like "crazy"? I love it, and since a portrait of myself or where I live (literally) would be pretty crazy. Or I can do the larger picture of where i live and it would not be so much. LOL

I like anything you make me! Have fun! I have been doing a couple of sewing jobs last week or so and not as much computer. One pays better than the latter. I will start my July quilt before next Monday, I promise. I do have the pattern now. Now to see if I can actually make it!

buslady 07-08-2013 04:27 PM

Not too fast, Bertie! I any still planning. I I think this is going to be one of those I'm just going to have to start and hope it comes together as I go. lots of ideas just nothing that seems to want to go down into the fabric.. sometimes those are the best ones.

jillnjo 07-08-2013 04:30 PM

I got started this afternoon on my partner's quilt and it is looking the way I kinda envisioned it would-so far, anyway. Will have to think about how I want to quilt it. Will be done in plenty of time to beat the deadline!

Jaba-the way you used the mountain scene in the center and as a frame really looks neat. It looks 3-D! Beautiful country for sure.

ljdugas31 07-08-2013 04:51 PM

ok well I sent my little quilt out today,going to austraila.

Lynnie25 07-08-2013 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by ljdugas31 (Post 6166956)
ok well I sent my little quilt out today,going to austraila.

ljdugas31, I am quilting your little quilt today, so hopefully it will be mailed later in the week. Can't wait to see what little beauty you made for me :)

I have also finished piecing and quilting the 'surprise' quilt for Cogito so that should be mailed at the same time.

Had a great weekend away - plenty of footy, wine, walking and food. Oh and us girls went and saw a fantastic musical 'Legally Blonde' - amazing talent. Could have stayed another night and saw Pink in concert, but wanted to get home to my sewing machine LOL :)

Krystyna 07-08-2013 07:53 PM

Lyn, what's footy?

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Are you talking about Pink the Japanese girl band? About a million years ago my boyfriend's band opened for them on tour in Japan.

Lynnie25 07-08-2013 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 6167243)
Lyn, what's footy?

Are you talking about Pink the Japanese girl band? About a million years ago my boyfriend's band opened for them on tour in Japan.

Krystyna, Australian Rules Football (I think it is shown in America) - there was 5 games on in Melbourne over this last weekend and we managed to see 3 games. Friday night (90,000 fans - my team lost), Saturday arvo (45,000 fans - DH's team lost) and Saturday night (85,000 fans - best team won). Sunday arvo my best friend, DD and I went to the musical.

No Pink is the female American singer. She is touring Australia at the moment. She does an amazing show.

Krystyna 07-09-2013 05:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Duh. I was actually thinking of Pink Lady- this is what happens when you get decrepit.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]423145[/ATTACH]