Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up for June 2012 Doll Quilt Swap Closes Noon EST May 31st (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-june-2012-doll-quilt-swap-closes-noon-est-may-31st-t189337.html)

Krystyna 06-11-2012 06:10 PM

Nancia, better than two left feet! She is gorgeous!

Debby, what a beauty. I just love the stitching!

JuanitaBean 06-11-2012 08:38 PM

Debby G love your DQ.

Nancia love your lady too. Looks like your having fun.

Crazy Quiltin Robin 06-11-2012 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by nancia (Post 5282098)
just when you thought it was safe to go into the water......
here is attempt 2. hopefully the final one except, i don't do faces, and i think she may need one. with or without--what do you think?

Nanica, I think she is great as is ....... you do great work !!!!!!

Crazy Quiltin Robin 06-11-2012 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by goldsberry921 (Post 5282225)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]341439[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]341440[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]341441[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]341442[/ATTACH]

I came home from work.. LONG DAY!!! But my package in the mail made it all better!!! I got this from DebbyG. It's adorable!!!! It's going up on my wall... Thanks so much DebbyG!!!!

love this little one reminds me of the old song " Little Brown Church in Dale" did I get that right ? It was dell or dale ... lol ...senior moment ....ha ha ha

Crazy Quiltin Robin 06-11-2012 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by brenda21 (Post 5282248)
goldsberry-stunning quilt!!
nancia- no face

I stll say no face ...leave the mystery there

Lynnie25 06-11-2012 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by rwquilts (Post 5278372)

I mailed Lynnie25's DQ yesterday. It has a rather long journey across the pond so to speak? Hope it arrives safe and sound. I hope you get it this month...time will tell. :)

Can't wait for it to arrive rwquilts :)

I have yours ready to quilt and will do that this week so it should be ready to mail early next week. Have just enjoyed 4 delightful days at our fishing shack, snug by the woodfire as it was super cold outside. Got plenty of sewing done though, now back to reality and real work :(

mscupid804 06-12-2012 03:40 AM

Ladies, how are those pictures quilts done?? Are they cut outs, drawn on, sewn on?????

Psychomomquilter 06-12-2012 05:34 AM

the panty clothes line was a hoot!

almond 06-12-2012 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by nancia (Post 5282530)
debbyg is my sister from another mother! i love her work!! and i love her- she is so sweet!!

face, no face, whatever! i came home from grocery shopping and the cat was sound asleep on the painting! lol. i do not want to do it again, so i will pull out the sticky roll and pray. or pray, and then get out the sticky roll. i do see some tweaking i will do- shape her leg a little and shorten the closest foot. then i'll sandwich it, bits of quilting, and done. i think the reason you can sort of see her face, those of you who can, is because i painted the eye and hated it so painted over it. i also didn't like her nose, and that's why it isn't there! i used acrylics and stain pens. i wanted texture to the tube and the pen gave me just the look i wanted. the umbrella will be a separate piece, 3d and added on.
i am rolling on the floor laughing--- i gave the poor girl two right feet ! look closely!

OMG, She sure does! LOL

BuzzinBumble 06-12-2012 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by Psychomomquilter (Post 5283386)
the panty clothes line was a hoot!

Wouldn't it make a humorous quilt?! :o

Krystyna - humorous quilts would be a fun category some month eh?

DebbyG your little brown church quilt is wonderful - it reminds me of a brown transferware plate we had that had a church in the middle.

Nancia, thanks for the info on how you painted your lady!