Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Spring 1.5" block swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/spring-1-5%22-block-swap-t112233.html)

Joyce Ann 04-02-2011 09:49 AM

Just got mine today from last swap and looking forward to joining again

Evie 04-02-2011 11:10 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I think I've mentioned that I started my Postage Stamp blocks using fabric swatches from Keepsake Quilting. I finally began putting together 64-patch blocks that will finish to seven inches. I don't have enough for a quilt yet, but hopefully that will happen sometime this year. I have dozens of four-patches waiting to be sewn together, but here are the ones I've done so far.

The blocks in no particular order
[ATTACH=CONFIG]178726[/ATTACH]

Close up of one of the blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]178727[/ATTACH]

VaNella 04-02-2011 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Evie
I think I've mentioned that I started my Postage Stamp blocks using fabric swatches from Keepsake Quilting. I finally began putting together 64-patch blocks that will finish to seven inches. I don't have enough for a quilt yet, but hopefully that will happen sometime this year. I have dozens of four-patches waiting to be sewn together, but here are the ones I've done so far.

How inspirational!

KarenBarnes 04-02-2011 02:14 PM

I really like this one, I'll be watching to see how it turns out. Please, please post when you're done!

Joyce Ann 04-03-2011 05:38 AM

Wow They are all so beautiful

Veronika 04-03-2011 10:43 AM

wonderful!

Momofthree 04-03-2011 11:36 PM

When my 8 year old DD saw my zipbag from the last swap she had to go through and look at each one. She really had fun. If only I could get her to do the cutting. I am in again, the posted blocks inspired me.

quiltinghere 04-04-2011 04:58 AM

Wonderful blocks so far!

I'll 'probably' join in again but need to finish quilt tops by next week.

Watching this subject!

Missi 04-04-2011 06:36 AM

Sign-up is up to 26 members for the this swap

Just a reminder we swap %100 cotton. No flannel, satin, corduroy, knits, etc. If you are cutting scraps you got from someone else and you aren't sure if it is cotton, please just don't send it.

Thanks for a great winter swap folks and I can't wait for the packages to start rolling in again.

Also - it isn't required but I suggest you send your sets to me in a ziplock bag labeled with your name and address. This way the sets have a better chance if staying dry the envelope gets wet and if the envelope gets torn open your sets are still contained. Last swap a few people had envelopes torn when they got them and they were missing sets. One swapper had one of her baggies sent to her.

boilerbarb 04-04-2011 08:30 AM

Got my baggies Saturday. Loved going thru them and sorting by color. I had started collecting before because of a twin postage stamp quilt done by a friend. Wish I'd joined sooner. Thanks to everyone, I'm hooked. Have Neutrals ready and waiting to cut.