Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   "Ugly" Fabric Swap/Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/ugly-fabric-swap-challenge-t180131.html)

marytoddliz 04-21-2012 06:09 PM

It is spring time here, hard to sew when the weather is so beautiful outside! I found some fat Quarters to go with the Ugly fabric I got. Now to just sit down and di it! I am working on UFP this week, as well as a few orders.
I have a cute pinwheel project for our Charity quilt club, so it should be a busy time, even if I would rather be outside in the yard.

Happy sewing ladies

Darlene loves Chocolates 04-22-2012 09:28 AM

I agree....I would like more pictures, so I can see where my "ugly bugly" went....

Originally Posted by gotthebug (Post 5160226)
There haven't been any posts for a few days. Is everyone busy? I would love to know who got my "ugly" and what they plan to do with it. I have the main part of a baby size quilt done with mine. Just need to organize the borders and put them on. I'll post pictures when I am finished.

Darlene loves Chocolates 04-22-2012 09:35 AM

That is a really neat cute piece of work....Cubs on Acid. I think you should show the quilt, I bet everyone would be surprised and very proud! If I am wrong, you are gonna be in TROUBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please note I am talking about the quilt in # 171

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana (Post 5160379)
OMG -- that's the fabric I sent. My son-in-law, a true Cubs fan, would be devastated if he saw that picture -- especially since the fabric came from his mother!!! Anyway, I really like the results. Very contemporary. Great job! You have far more imagination that I ever could have!!!

I haven't had a chance to sew my ugly yet, but it's coming up to the top of the list. As soon as I finish a couple swap blocks and a t-shirt quilt for graduation gift next month.

missgigglewings 04-22-2012 03:29 PM

Thanks Nancy and Darlene...My sister is a Cubby fan and she hasn't seen it yet...but she will!

Nexxus831 04-22-2012 05:27 PM

I actually think you did an awesome job on the cub quilt

mmonohon 04-22-2012 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings (Post 5160323)
I finally got this done! I am calling it Cubs on Acid because it sorta looks like the Chicago Cubs thingy! Its still ugly!

Great job.

Jenniky 04-23-2012 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Foxflower (Post 5146406)
Jennicky.....how about this 1/2 yard for your binding? (And your welcome to this 14"x17" scrap of the ugly too.)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]328350[/ATTACH]

Thank you Foxflower recieved the squisy package today....the extra hst's will not go to waste either. I will hand sew the binding while Im sitting around at the Dr.s office all day Friday. Then I will have to tackle making a hanging sleeve for it to go on the wall. That will be a new task for me. So I'll have to watch some tutorials.. :) :) :) Thank you again for the extra fabric to help complete my ugly Pie project :thumbup: :) :) :) :) :)

Foxflower 04-23-2012 08:21 PM

Glad it got to you Jenniky. I hope it works well :). You are quite welcome.

tropit 04-26-2012 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Foxflower (Post 5020650)
I would love to see pictures of these "ugly" fabrics! here are 2 I'm considering for this swap. Anybody want to vote on which one I send?

Mustard and white. I have over 2/3 yard. It's a vintage Peter Pan fabric.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]316485[/ATTACH]
This is rust and is a little bigger than a fat 1/3.

I haven't joined this swap...sorry, I'm a little over myhead with projects at the moment...but I just want to say that I really LIKE these two fabrics! I would actually buy these for my stash, if I had the opportunity. I guess that "UGLY" is in the eye of the beholder. Good luck with this swap...it looks like a lot of fun!
~C.

roseirish48 04-27-2012 11:30 AM

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]331130[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]331131[/ATTACH]here is the top of my quilt made from the ugly fabric I received. The ugly fabric used for outer borders reminded my daughter of tornadoes so I found the pictures of the OZ characters. The Yellow sashings represent the Yellow Brick Road. The second picture is a closeup of Toto with the backing material alongside. In Munchkin land, poppies can be blue. Will post again once I figure out how I will be quilting.