Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   "Ugly" Fabric Swap/Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/ugly-fabric-swap-challenge-t180131.html)

Nexxus831 03-09-2012 10:06 PM

Thanks for responding Missgiggle. I should of looked better at the member list but I was looking at it from my iPhone. I don't know how people see stuff on there phones. Ok so here is the list and I will take the pics and post early next week. Thx everyone I love all the fabrics

mmonohon
cjr
atpegsquiltstudio
BarbaraSue
MdmSew'n'Sew
Cattyqwltr
playswithcolor
Jenniky
gotthebug
mom-6
missgigglewings (received fabric)
Segasal (recieved fabric)
moonrise (recieved fabric)
foxflower (recieved fabric)
JenniePenny (recieved fabric)
roseirish48 (recieved fabric)
marytoddliz (recieved fabric)

gotthebug 03-11-2012 02:30 PM

Sending mine tomorrow. Wow will it be fun to see what someone can or cannot do with this piece.

gotthebug 03-11-2012 02:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of that lovely piece that I am sending

Foxflower 03-11-2012 02:48 PM

I know I could figure something out for that one gotthebug! I am out here in the wild west afterall! No Saguaro (sp?) cactus, but plenty of the rest. My DD was just complaining that our dog had hauled in a cow skull even. :p

craftykk 03-11-2012 05:07 PM

I'm definitely in! Sounds fun!

Nexxus831 03-11-2012 10:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
@Craftykk I sent you a PM with my address to send the fabric to.

I am home and didn't receive any more fabrics (we have locked mailboxes) just so any of you that have sent them out I didn't get anything.

My mother has joined us in this also. She has a profile on here but she is brand new here. This should be fun to have her join us. This is her ugly fabric.

Nancy in Louisiana 03-13-2012 08:40 AM

Can't resist -- gotta go for this one just to get rid of my "ugly". Will be going out today!

Foxflower 03-13-2012 10:28 AM

One of the biggest joys for me in quilting is the challenge of creating....gives me a fun way to exercise my brain and make something beautiful. Conquering a "problem" is so much fun. I think that's why I resist buying quilt kits--little challenge for me. Maybe someday I'll buy one that involves challenging piecing in order to learn something new. Anyway, I can't wait to see what I get and what I can do with it!

Nexxus831 03-13-2012 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Foxflower (Post 5056945)
One of the biggest joys for me in quilting is the challenge of creating....gives me a fun way to exercise my brain and make something beautiful. Conquering a "problem" is so much fun. I think that's why I resist buying quilt kits--little challenge for me. Maybe someday I'll buy one that involves challenging piecing in order to learn something new. Anyway, I can't wait to see what I get and what I can do with it!

I completely agree with you. Gets those creative juices flowing.

marytoddliz 03-13-2012 10:03 PM

Melinda, Where did your Mom get that fabric! LOL, my Husband saw it and said he wants me to make him a table cover out of it! Poker night I guess! Although they don't do it here, because they know I would beat them!... We have board games once a month with my husbands family, it is really fun, a nice break from the computer or TV.