Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Updated -Siggie Swap 2012 Sign Ups close August 1st 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/updated-siggie-swap-2012-sign-ups-close-august-1st-2012-a-t187647.html)

sharon b 06-21-2012 07:26 AM

Jenniky- the members have spoken and they are fine :) I don't see anything wrong with them- not all of the ones we sign will be dead on center

Yes the writing is the hard part- I use a cutting mat to help hold them in place as my fabric tends to stretch and pull :shock: I can be heavy handed when writing :)

Fraew 06-21-2012 07:27 AM

Jenniky, I am perfectly fine with "as is" as long as you are fine with my "as is".

BTW - I wrote a sample signature on regular paper (lines and all) and placed that under my blocks to use as a guide. I could see through just enough to get it lined up (mostly lined up anyway). :)

QuilterMomma 06-21-2012 08:39 AM

My daughter got for me at Joann Fabrics, a sand paper board on one side and a felt side on other. It works perfect for keeping my blocks stable so I can write on them. Also, another thing if you need to stabilize your block, a piece of fine sand paper works terrific. It holds the fabric still while you write. I like your idea Fraew, never thought to write on paper and then copy over it for centering purposes, maybe on the rest of mine that I am working on, I could do that.

sharon b 06-21-2012 09:16 AM

Have 3 more packages in the house :
Jannie
Marytoddliz
Landers 1

:)

TheMamaHauser 06-21-2012 02:24 PM

I have also heard about using the press'n'seal to help hold things in place while you write. I suppose you could tape it to a piece of cardboard with the sticky side out.

QuilterMomma 06-21-2012 02:32 PM

I just used my mouse pad during my break today to get them signed and it held it pretty good, but I also think it depends on the pen you are using. If a pigma pen would not be firm enough, but I was using one of my scrapbooking pens that has a wider point on it. Waiting for Sharon's address so I can mail them out. It took longer to sign them than it did to make them. Guess I am a slow writer but a fast stitcher.

arounds70 06-21-2012 06:02 PM

I like your blocks, it will give the quilt a unique look and make it looks great! I have mine finished but the writing and I am so nervous about writing on my blocks

QuilterMomma 06-22-2012 08:10 AM

In the mail today to SharonB. Thanks for hosting this swap. Should be fun to put them together.

sharon b 06-22-2012 10:01 AM

Don't worry about the writing part I will be honest - my handwriting stink under the best of circumstances - try writing on fabric :shock: LOL

Jenniky 06-22-2012 10:31 AM

Thanks ladies I feel much better. Will send them out beginning of next week when I go to post office with other errands. :)