Quilt Blocks for Marty

Old 10-28-2011, 06:06 PM

LOVE HOW THE BLOCKS LOOK SO FAR
Old 10-28-2011, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
Originally Posted by arizonagirl
Ok, don't hate me, but I forgot about putting green on the back and both of my blocks have blue on the back. So sorry.
Robyn I am going to use your block for the tote, that way it will have her name on it and will not grow legs and walk away!
That's cool. That is one of the reasons why I put her name on the block like that. When my son was in rehab after he was paralyzed things would go missing even if his name was written in permanent marker. It would just be blacked out. By putting her name on it that way it would be kind of hard to do something like that.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:20 AM
Power Poster

Ok, don't hate me, but I forgot about putting green on the back and both of my blocks have blue on the back. So sorry.
Robyn I am going to use your block for the tote, that way it will have her name on it and will not grow legs and walk away!
That's cool. That is one of the reasons why I put her name on the block like that. When my son was in rehab after he was paralyzed things would go missing even if his name was written in permanent marker. It would just be blacked out. By putting her name on it that way it would be kind of hard to do something like that.
Sometimes what people will do just amazes me.Stealing is one of the lowest things you can do. Mary
Old 10-29-2011, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
Sometimes what people will do just amazes me.Stealing is one of the lowest things you can do. Mary

I agree, but a lot of times when you are in an extended care facility you are with many people who's mind isn't all there anymore. Or they don't have a lot and see something and want it. I can be a very lonely and scarey place if you are by yourself or have very few visitors. I was grateful for everyone who took the time to come visit my son, but there were a lot of days where it was just me that he saw. Even his dad didn't come but once or twice a week. I went every day after work and stayed until midnight. I did his laundry when I was there, that way nothing went missing. If the staff did it, it could be left in the laundry room for long periods and things went missing.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:24 PM
Power Poster

I agree sometime people can't help it. But alot of stealing I've seen is just low lifes.I know we have talked about dead beat husbands before. I'm glad We both did better the next time around.There are alot of good dads out there,but thank god for good step-dads too.Mary
Old 10-29-2011, 07:26 PM

The quilt is coming along so nicely!!!! Tilted Ears, love your block, the pinwheel is one of my favorites and the fabrics you chose are beautiful. Great job!!!!
Old 10-30-2011, 06:39 AM
Swap Hosts

I've been trying to leave positive feedback for everyone who has participated in this wonderful act of love. If I missed you please let me know and I'll enter it. Thanks!
Old 10-30-2011, 07:28 AM

Thank you very much Krystyna!
Old 10-30-2011, 11:29 AM

Thanks Krystyna
Old 10-30-2011, 11:35 AM
Swap Hosts

You are most welcome.