Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap (Please see message from MadeinMaine on page 201) >
  • Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap (Please see message from MadeinMaine on page 201)

• Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap (Please see message from MadeinMaine on page 201)

Old 02-02-2010, 02:17 PM

Read the very first post in this message, then PM the organizer with your name, address, and theme you want for your blocks. If you want someone for February, just ask - there are plenty of quilters who will do extra blocks. Otherwise, she'll get you started with March.
    Old 02-02-2010, 02:48 PM

Orchid Quilt Fish:

I got your lovely blocks and delicious goodies yesterday. Thank you so much!

I did a silly, happy dance in the rain when I got to the mailbox and saw it there! My husband already confiscated the one box of fudge - I had to hide the other one to make sure I got some - it's delicious. The chocolate "gifts" are almost gone, too (all 4 of us love chocolate - even my 20 mth old asks for "cho-lit" when he sees mom or dad eating some).

But, as good as the sweets are, the blocks are the real treat. They are beautifully done. I was excited when I saw the "snow" block posted and you said you used the same pattern for one of mine - it is so pretty done in my colors. The other one reminds me of a sun, but in pinks and blues. I'd love to know the name of both blocks, if you have them.

Thanks again for swapping - hope you like your blocks as much as I like mine.

Cindy

the two blocks I received - and my soon-to-be 3 yr old discovering that the red box was fudge!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]38099[/ATTACH]

First block from Orchid Quild Fish - so pretty
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]38100[/ATTACH]

Second block from Orchid Quilt Fish - another pretty one!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]38101[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-38099.jpe   attachment-38100.jpe   attachment-38101.jpe  
    Old 02-02-2010, 02:49 PM

Do you say what kind of block you want to do or can you do like a crazy block, where each would do what ever they wanted to?
    Old 02-02-2010, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by ai731
    I would love to be able to swap more with you all, but my problem is the high cost of postage from Canada to the USA! We all love to be generous, and tuck an extra FQ of fabric and maybe some other little goodies in a squishy - but when I do that it costs me over $8 to send a small squishy to somewhere like Wyoming (Canada Post charges by weight, and size of package, and distance!) *sigh* And that's not Priority mail, either, that's just regular airmail (it's $5 for surface, but surface takes 6 to 8 weeks to get there!!!) So I can't really do more than one of those a month. :cry:

So, if anyone in New England (I'm just north of Massena, NY) wants to do an extra swap, with the understanding that it'll just be the block, no extra goodies, then I can afford to do more than one swap per month. Any takers?

Jan
    Hi, Jan - I would love to do a block for you. Will send you a PM.
    Old 02-02-2010, 03:06 PM

P.S. Those are Beautiful blocks made by Orchid Fish!
    Old 02-02-2010, 03:28 PM

I love the gold detail around the flowers!!
    What pretty fabrics!!
    And what a terrible name for such a pretty block!!

Originally Posted by wichypoo
    Happy groundhog day! I am attempting post my block that I received in January. Beautiful block she calls 'Buzzards Roost"
    Thank you very much,
    Karen :-D
    Old 02-02-2010, 03:32 PM

I love the colors... I love the pink and blues!! The Blocks are So Good!! Good Job!!

And I know my neighbors must think I'm crazy too, because I'm always dancing by the mailbox when I get a squishy!! Too Funny! Thanks for sharing, now I dont feel like such a crazy woman!!

Originally Posted by cindalu
    Orchid Quilt Fish:

I got your lovely blocks and delicious goodies yesterday. Thank you so much!

I did a silly, happy dance in the rain when I got to the mailbox and saw it there! My husband already confiscated the one box of fudge - I had to hide the other one to make sure I got some - it's delicious. The chocolate "gifts" are almost gone, too (all 4 of us love chocolate - even my 20 mth old asks for "cho-lit" when he sees mom or dad eating some).

But, as good as the sweets are, the blocks are the real treat. They are beautifully done. I was excited when I saw the "snow" block posted and you said you used the same pattern for one of mine - it is so pretty done in my colors. The other one reminds me of a sun, but in pinks and blues. I'd love to know the name of both blocks, if you have them.

Thanks again for swapping - hope you like your blocks as much as I like mine.

Cindy
    Old 02-02-2010, 03:39 PM

I got this block from 2Doods! Isn't it Pretty!! I LOVE IT!! I Love it!! Thank you!!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-37887.jpe  
    Old 02-02-2010, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by dettonlisas
    I got this block from 2Doods! Isn't it Pretty!! I LOVE IT!! I Love it!! Thank you!!
    Oh that is sooo pretty! The blues are just gorgeous!
    Old 02-02-2010, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by samroberts01
    Originally Posted by dettonlisas
    Oh that is sooo pretty! The blues are just gorgeous!
    Wicked Good!!!!