Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap (Please see message from MadeinMaine on page 201) >
  • Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap (Please see message from MadeinMaine on page 201)

• Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap (Please see message from MadeinMaine on page 201)

Old 02-04-2010, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
    I have my extra blocks done for you Cheryl and Lisa. Colleen, I have yours done as well. Cheryl and Lisa, I will mail my tomorrow, Colleen, let me know when you are ready!
    Deb,
    Thank you for letting me know that mine are done already!! I have one of your's done so far & will finish the other two, this weekend. I am anxious to see what you have made!!
    Cheryl
    Old 02-05-2010, 01:09 AM

hi Blue I see that you are signing with your Studio's new name. Congratulations... ciao
    Old 02-05-2010, 01:45 AM

BRT (Thimble & Finch
    Aviary and Quilt Studio)

I obviously missed something. Can I ask for an explanation of a very intriguing name?
    Old 02-05-2010, 04:29 AM

Well, I recieved my Jan. block and sent my Jan block out to Karielt still no word I hope it got there okay.
    Old 02-05-2010, 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by Deecee
    BRT (Thimble & Finch
    Aviary and Quilt Studio)

I obviously missed something. Can I ask for an explanation of a very intriguing name?
    I run a small aviary out of my home, I asked for help coming up with a new buisness name on the gcc section- as I plan on making business cards and whatnot. I actually have a waiting list for some of my baby birds, so I thought it would be nice to have an actual name. The kind ladies of the quilting board came up with Thimble and Finch- so I thought I would show off in my signature!
    Old 02-05-2010, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by SulaBug
    Originally Posted by Deb watkins
    I have my extra blocks done for you Cheryl and Lisa. Colleen, I have yours done as well. Cheryl and Lisa, I will mail my tomorrow, Colleen, let me know when you are ready!
    Deb,
    Thank you for letting me know that mine are done already!! I have one of your's done so far & will finish the other two, this weekend. I am anxious to see what you have made!!
    Cheryl
    Cheryl,
    I did the log cabin theme, but I did a little variation of it. I hope it will be okay... :roll: Going to the PO tonight after work.
    Old 02-05-2010, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by goldendog55
    Would anyone want to swap with me? I am new here and my message went missing, so I didn't get a name. Blocks I could use are either pansies, 1930's or sewing themes. If you PM me, I can send my address. Thank you, Judy
    I wonder where your message to me went? Weird. Please resend your information/theme, and I will add you to the official list. Im sorry Judy!
    Old 02-05-2010, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings
    Hi Blue, just got back from trip to North Carolina. My block from Crafterbarbara was waiting for me. Isn't it pretty? I love it! Thanks CB!

I see that one little bitty turned triangle, but the teal fabric outshines that little bitty thing, so I am not going to worry about it at all! I love this block!!
    As the Amish say "Only God is perfect" but the block has transformed in to a thunderbird-wow sometimes the oops are more creative. Moosegirl
    Old 02-05-2010, 05:55 AM

I am glad you like it! That block went back to the drawing board several time! My best friend told me to add the writing!!
    Also, I was starting to worry about you actually getting it, because it seems like I mailed it out a while ago!?!?! But I'm glad you got it!
    Originally Posted by MadeinMaine
    Hi, BRT - I know my January partner has received the block I made for her and she is working on my block so I am not worried.

Dettonlisas- I received the adorable Feb. block you made for me and it is so cute; esp. love the added butterfly and the writing. Will try to get a picture posted sometime this weekend so the world can see how creative you are. Thank you so much. You will receive yours but it may be later in the month. Thank you so much for the great block.
    Old 02-05-2010, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings
    Hi Blue, just got back from trip to North Carolina. My block from Crafterbarbara was waiting for me. Isn't it pretty? I love it! Thanks CB!

I see that one little bitty turned triangle, but the teal fabric outshines that little bitty thing, so I am not going to worry about it at all! I love this block!!
    It is a beautiful block! The turned triangle may be intentional, the Amish believe that only God can be perfect, so many times there are intentional flaws in their quilts. Some Non Amish quilters have adopted this tradition.