Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap (Please see message from MadeinMaine on page 201) >
  • Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap (Please see message from MadeinMaine on page 201)

• Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap (Please see message from MadeinMaine on page 201)

Old 04-23-2010, 07:51 AM

wow that is very pretty!
    Old 04-23-2010, 08:49 AM

Very pretty blocks ladies!
    Old 04-23-2010, 09:17 AM

Star, yours is on its way; mailing it today.
    Old 04-23-2010, 09:28 AM

Very nice blocks ladies, haven't heard from my partner as yet??
    Old 04-23-2010, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Katie Ann
    Star, yours is on its way; mailing it today.
    yipee! your fabric is in the wash right now so I can get yours finished and out to you by monday :-D
    Old 04-23-2010, 12:56 PM

Mega54, yours is in the mail. Dropped it off at the post office this morning.
    Old 04-23-2010, 04:28 PM

I'm embarrassed to say I have been mailing my blocks incorrectly. I went to the PO, put the envelope on the scale and it said .44 -- regular stamp -- was the amount to pay. Yesterday I got one back saying it had insufficient postage. Today I went to mail the one that came back and another one (Star's) and I asked the postal clerk about it. She said it's not considered a letter, it's considered a package. This is the first time I've gotten one back, so I'm now concerned that some of the others I've sent have had postage due. If that is the case, I'm so sorry to those that received those blocks from me. At least I know now and won't do that again.
    Old 04-23-2010, 06:00 PM

no problem Katie Ann. did the postal clerck do it for you or have you been wieghing them yourself??
    Old 04-24-2010, 04:03 AM
    KR

I'm embarrassed to say I have been mailing my blocks incorrectly. I went to the PO, put the envelope on the scale and it said .44 -- regular stamp -- was the amount to pay. Yesterday I got one back saying it had insufficient postage. Today I went to mail the one that came back and another one (Star's) and I asked the postal clerk about it. She said it's not considered a letter, it's considered a package. This is the first time I've gotten one back, so I'm now concerned that some of the others I've sent have had postage due. If that is the case, I'm so sorry to those that received those blocks from me. At least I know now and won't do that again.
    First class postage is determined by weight and thickness of the piece. If a letter is more than 1/4" thick it's automatically considered a "large envelope" and subject to those rates. If it's thicker than 3/4" it's considered a "package." www.usps.com has everything you always wanted to know about mailing and stamps. :-)
    Old 04-24-2010, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by KR
    First class postage is determined by weight and thickness of the piece. If a letter is more than 1/4" thick it's automatically considered a "large envelope" and subject to those rates. If it's thicker than 3/4" it's considered a "package." www.usps.com has everything you always wanted to know about mailing and stamps. :-)
    I originally weighed it on the postal machine in the lobby (saves time waiting in line). I didn't think it was thick enough to be considered anything other than a letter. Now I know better.
    I'm using large envelopes with the appropriate postage. I just wanted to apologize if anyone got one of my blocks and had to pay postage due. : (

Star and LadyJen (the one that was returned) you should be getting your blocks today or Monday. Hope you like them.